Monday, March 30, 2015

Blue Monday

It's been a while since I've joined in with Smiling Sally on Blue Monday, so here goes!

I walked around my house and took a few pictures to share with you.
 This is a special picture that hangs in my kitchen to remind me of my visit to Spain. I bought the picture from a street vendor, and felt it really captures the area well. 


 This is just my common old ordinary salt and pepper shakes, but they kind of look like Flow Blue, don't they? I enjoy them on my table and counter.


 This is a special picture of my three children, Heidi, Angel, and Randy. This was taken several years ago, but they are all still beautiful, loving kids. The girls live within an hour of my home, and my son is working on moving to Texas with his family.


I shared this picture of the Soup Tureen that belonged to my mother on Friday, but it is blue, so here it is again.

All of these are cheerful items in my home, and they make me smile, so I don't really have a blue Monday!

And just for Anni - I finally found a tree branch with my initial "L"



Remember...Wednesday is my day to host a story created from a picture you have taken. Instructions are on the blog.

Linda Kay

28 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Such lovely blue things, especially your photo and frame of course! xx

biebkriebels said...

So nice to see all the different blue things in your home.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Such wonderful, interesting blue objects. You have a really nice family.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i have never heard of Blue Monday. that is new to me. sounds fun. i love the salt & pepper shakers. very cool. ( :

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, pretty collection of "blues". I like the painting from Spain.. And your children are beautiful, great photo. Have a happy Monday!

Tabor said...

A very nice montage.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

beautiful kids :)

whiteangel said...

Lovely looking children you have, though they are older now but I expect still looking lovelier than ever.

Cherdo said...

Beautiful things! I love the "flow blue" look of the salt and pepper shakers. It reminds me of the Amish wares we used to see in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

This is really a creative idea for a blog hop, too. Have a good day, Linda!

TexWisGirl said...

great painting and frame! you have good blues around you. and a nice "L" find.

Linda W. said...

Cute salt and pepper shakers! Nice collection of blue.

Tom said...

Blue is a wonderful color! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Revrunner said...

No combination I like better than red roses against white-washed walls.

Gail said...

Sky blue...one of my favorite colors.

Great shots.

Mike said...

I'm sitting here at the computer looking around counting blue. I'm up to 19. I'm sure I'm missing some.

DeniseinVA said...

Those are lovely Blue Monday shots :) Thanks for visiting. It's good to be back and catching up. Have a great week!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

You DID find the "L". And it's great too.

Mascha said...

Lovely blue things and you found a "L"!
If the postage for package in the States were not so expensive, I could send them more such pottery.

I was looking for the Wednesdays picture... well I take my own. Have written my story now.
Have a nice new week

Gosia k said...

In my opinion blue is nice colour but too cold especially in the kitchen or bathroom

William Kendall said...

The picture from Spain particularly appeals to me!

Patricia said...

Your Spanish painting is lovely, Linda, so evocative of warm Mediterranean climes! I like to collect art when we travel too; a great souvenir. Love your blue/white china too, and nice to see your children, too.

Carola Bartz said...

We had a soup tureen just like that in my childhood home. We seldom used it, it was more of a display item. I love the painting you bought in Spain. I would love to live in a house like that.

Rebecca said...

Love the soup tureen, the picture reminded me of ITaly.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I love blues and oranges together. Love the Soup Tureen!

Rory Bore said...

I love white and blue dishes like your salt and pepper shakers and soup dish. I have a gravy boat that is in a similar pattern and it's one of my favourite dishes.
lovely picture!

Linda said...

Beautiful blue things here, Linda! :)

Breathtaking said...

Hello! Your L is very clear, good for you for finding it! I love your collection of blue things. I use my blue tureen every Saturday when the family come for lunch, and I just love your yours.:)

Bethany Carson said...

You did a great job on finding the L. It really stands out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...