Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday is Here!

Not sure what we will be doing later today, but we have a bit of Spring fever and need to do some driving somewhere. But first, I'll link in with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Friday Fragments to share some thoughts with you.

1. Some of my Facebook friends find the cutest pictures to post, so I thought I'd share one with you. I thought this was priceless. My grandson got a mark down on behavior at school one day because he told a little girl she was bossy. She ran to tall the teacher that he had called her a name. Carson said "I didn't call her a name, I just said she was bossy!" But he got a markdown anyway. What do you think?

2. Spring is finally here, so the trees are all in bloom, not just the Bradford Pears. This tree is in our front yard and is a "Forest Petunia" according to the former owner. I had never heard of it. There are beautiful green leaves after these buds fall.

3. I served soup in this lovely soup tureen recently. It's special because it belonged to my mother, and the spoon inside is a silver ladle from some ancestor or another. And I do love blue.

4. We captured this beautiful sunset the other night in San Antonio outside the Red Lobster.

5. Okay, Drum Roll! The moment you have all been waiting for. The tree house is complete except for the stain. So I'll just post a few pictures, keeping in mind that the stain will change the looks. I'll get another pic when all the stain is finished, but that's my daughter's job!
 From the side, up close...note the partial stain.

 From the front door - note the old barn door latch. A bit of stain upper right.

From the side, showing the ladder and the extension arm (on the left) that has a pulley. There will be a rope and a box to bring things up into the tree house.

I'm going to create one of those little albums on Shutterfly that will be entitled "My Grandpa Built a Tree House" to give to Carson, so he can see the progress of the project many years from now, and remember his grandpa.

Have a special Friday and a great weekend!

Linda Kay

33 comments:

biebkriebels said...

You did a wonderful job with building the tree house. It looks really beautiful.

Saucy Kodz said...

I took 3 years of carpentry because I was interested. My Dad was a carpenter and a fisherman. What a beautiful job and I have enlarged the photos to take a really good look. Grandpa knows what he is doing. Beautiful, just beautiful. I think Carson is right - I would not have given him a markdown. Love your tree, but ours are no where near that yet for a while. Have a wonderful day. OOOps, also love the soup tureen. Really beautiful and it has history :)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's a great, well-constructed tree house!

Tom said...

Great. I've been waiting to see the tree house again. Tom The Backroads Traveller

John's Island said...

Wow, the tree house is great! Congrats to Grandpa.

Anvilcloud said...

Congrats on that fine tree house.

I like that first pic, and I think the girl deserves a markdown for tattling. :)

What is it with markdowns? Never heard of this.

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, I would say the markdown was uncalled for.. I love your pretty tree and the gorgeous sunset.. The treehouse is awesome! Have a happy Friday!

Lin Floyd said...

what a lovely treehouse for some lucky grandkids!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I don't think a markdown was the right thing to do. Being called bossy is just an opinion of his, not a name...imho! Love the treehouse, the kids will have a blast playing there! Visiting from Tanya's WNF5.

Cathrina Constantine said...

What nice pictures. It's spring here, but as I look out the window, snowflakes are falling...blah!

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful treehouse, made with love. Perfect place for making lots of memories to treasure. Stunning.

Linda W. said...

Love the treehouse! You have one lucky grandson.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

The tree house is amazing, well done. I’m visiting from 5 on Friday, where I’ve joined for the first time this week.

Mike said...

I'll be moving into the tree house in about a month. Is the plumbing done yet?

I don't think your grandson should have been marked down for standing up for himself.

Selma from eclectichomelife.blogspot.com said...

You found a brilliant leadership skills photo, it made me laugh but wow, that tree house. what a lucky grandson you have and what a great idea to create an album. Its a tree house straight out of a story book, I am so impressed

Revrunner said...

Ha! Ha! I love that first image. :-)

William Kendall said...

The tree house looks in great shape!

What a spectacular sunset!

TexWisGirl said...

that treehouse is AWESOME! lovely sky. that tree is a new one for me, too. i'd have just assumed red bud. :)

Mascha said...

Wow, the tree house is awesome. Drum roll!
The soup tureen looks very familiar for me, I have discs with this pattern.
Here are such things yet to buy (would send you any pieces).
Greetings from Germany :-)

Michelle F said...

Hi, Linda Kay!

I love the treehouse!
I sure would enjoy it.
It's a great idea to make your grandson a photo-book of the progress. That will be treasured, I am sure!

Spring is here in Ga., at least it's suppose to be.
But, here in north Ga. I haven't seen much sign, yet.

We are enjoying milkshakes, today.
A sure sign of spring :)

Linda M. Carmean said...

First of all, wow! The treehouse is awesome!!! Secondly, I think that is a redbud tree. Thirdly, let me give you my address where to send the tureen....OK, just kidding! But it matches my first set of dishes (Blue Meissen or Blue Onion) and I would give my right arm to find one in an antique shop for cheap! :-) It's beautiful! How awesome you also have the silver ladle and they are both family treasures!

Gosia k said...

Wow great tree in bloom but Poland we must waith about month for that beautiful tree...Have a nice weekend

Amy at love made my home said...

Great things, but gosh, the tree house is the best! Isn't it fabulous!!! Thank you so much for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

Tabor said...

I saw that first photo on FB and yes he deserved a markdown because he thought calling a female bossy was not a bad thing! He would never call a boy bossy. Tree house is stupendous.

Lexa Cain said...

The tree-house is fabulous! I love the blue of your soup tureen - so classic. Yes "bossy" is a name. He certainly meant it as a criticism not a compliment, so he deserved a markdown. I'm super bossy - just like the cute girl in the pic! Heh-heh. ;)

Romi C said...

Your tree house is wonderful.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a great tree house. My tree house was my favourite place when I was about ten! I too thought that beautiful blooming tree was a Redbud.

Ida said...

First I hate that kids "tattle" on each other. I don't think he was actually calling her a name, just stating a fact it would seem.
Pretty blooming tree, gorgeous sunset.
Love that tree house.

orchid Miyako said...

Dearest Linda; First of all, I love your header of cherry blossom (hope so) and the beautiful "Forest Petunia". Oh the tree house is GORGEOUS, as a Japanese (haha,?) never seen tree house. I wish I could climb up only once :-)

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

Joanne Wilson said...

What a wonderful tree house, I'm sure it will be treasured for many years to come. I adore your soup tureen too, it's vet pretty even more special because of the memories attached. x

Latane Barton said...

Perfect tree house, stained or not. I'd like to come visit, please.

Mrs Tiggywinkle said...

Hi Linda, I've called in via Five on Friday and I really enjoyed your five, thank you. That tree house is spectacular! Hope you've had a good weekend. x

Kay said...

Oh my! I love it, love it, love it! I wish we could have made one for our kids when they were growing up. This is so fantastic. You guys are so talented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...