1. Some of my Facebook friends find the cutest pictures to post, so I thought I'd share one with you. I thought this was priceless. My grandson got a mark down on behavior at school one day because he told a little girl she was bossy. She ran to tall the teacher that he had called her a name. Carson said "I didn't call her a name, I just said she was bossy!" But he got a markdown anyway. What do you think?
2. Spring is finally here, so the trees are all in bloom, not just the Bradford Pears. This tree is in our front yard and is a "Forest Petunia" according to the former owner. I had never heard of it. There are beautiful green leaves after these buds fall.
3. I served soup in this lovely soup tureen recently. It's special because it belonged to my mother, and the spoon inside is a silver ladle from some ancestor or another. And I do love blue.
4. We captured this beautiful sunset the other night in San Antonio outside the Red Lobster.
5. Okay, Drum Roll! The moment you have all been waiting for. The tree house is complete except for the stain. So I'll just post a few pictures, keeping in mind that the stain will change the looks. I'll get another pic when all the stain is finished, but that's my daughter's job!
From the side, up close...note the partial stain.
From the front door - note the old barn door latch. A bit of stain upper right.
From the side, showing the ladder and the extension arm (on the left) that has a pulley. There will be a rope and a box to bring things up into the tree house.
I'm going to create one of those little albums on Shutterfly that will be entitled "My Grandpa Built a Tree House" to give to Carson, so he can see the progress of the project many years from now, and remember his grandpa.
Have a special Friday and a great weekend!