Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Fun

Happy Monday, my friends. Have I told you lately how much I enjoy your comments, especially when I do a bit of writing on one of my "writing days"? Be sure to think about a picture you might post and connect to the Wednesday Wit and Wisdom at this spot. Just find a picture that speaks to you, maybe even one that you will use on another blog hop, such as Good Fences or Outdoor Wednesday. Then write a story that comes to mind related to this picture. Link back to this spot on Wednesday and share your story, while practicing your writing skills. It might be the start of a great book!

I'm linking in today with Good Random Fun to share the weekend with you.

Good
We shared our 10:30 Church service today with friends from where we used to live at White Bluff, then had lunch after at the Fredericksburg Herb Farm. Doesn't that sound like an intriguing title for brunch? Check out the website and take a tour. Cliff and Carol have been through what seems like a never-ending battle with Cliff's cancer. But he just keeps moving ahead and they try to do as much as they can. Their plan for Fredericksburg is the Museum of the Pacific War, and they will be in town through today for a two day pass. You actually need a two day pass for this museum, as there is so much to see. There will also be some re-enactments this week during Spring Break.

Random
Carson's coming to visit tonight and tomorrow. We haven't had an over-night with him for a while, as he is so busy with school events, etc., so we decided this would be a great time for a bit of fun with Gramps and Gram. There will be dinner at Gatti's (where there is a game room), then off to the Pioneer Museum for the festival with volunteers performing tasks of old. We think he will enjoy it. Then the LBJ Ranch is also sponsoring an event for kids. 

Fun

Friday was our theater night once again, and we saw ONCE. Musicals are always my favorite on stage and this one was very well done. It's really a love story. There are only about 15 people in the play, and they were on the stage in some way throughout, playing instruments or just helping to move furniture around. It was very similar to an improv production.

We ate at a Brazilian Steak House in San Antonio, Fogo de Chao. It's very unusual dining for a steak house, in that they have a wonderful buffet of salads, anti pasto, etc., plus some items one might order with meats. Then a number of waiters bring around a huge variety of meats to serve at each table, just slice off a bit of lamb, roast, filet, chicken, game hens, etc. etc. until you have no room left!



  A lovely cheesecake for dessert - note no chocolate during Lent!

The selfie - with daughter Heidi, and her friend Kim. Kim will be leaving for a new military assignment, but at Ft. Knox in May. She has been in San Antonio after returning from a year in Afghanistan. She is a nurse, lieutenant colonel. We really had a wonderful time stuffing our faces.

Happy Monday!

Linda Kay

24 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a great time with family, events and wonderful food. The Brazilian Steak house looks awesome..I love the shot of you and your daughter and her friend.. Happy Monday!

Saucy Kodz said...

Nice cheesecake - wow - that place sounds delightful. I love musicals too. Lovely photo of you and your family. BOL to Kim in her assignments and God keep her safe .

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend, Linda Kay! I never heard of a Brazilian steakhouse before. It sounds fabulous!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, How did you like that Brazilian Steak House? I have wanted to try one of those places for a long time. Is the meat really delicious? Thanks for sharing. John

Tamar SB said...

The steak house looks amazing! So glad you got out for a fun night!

carolann said...

Great time had by all you did. I enjoy your blogs.


Nice pictures of you and daughter and friend.


Happy Monday.

Michelle F said...

Happy Monday, Linda Kay!

I just had to take a visit to the Herb Farm.
Looks like a place I would enjoying eating at.
My mom would Love this place...`rooms wrapped with nature's views`.
My choices from the dinner menu would be: Lemon Pepper Calamari, Chicken Pot Pie, and my side would be either Mac & Cheese or Wild Rice Pilaf.

While at the Herb Farm, have you stayed in a Sunday Haus Cottage, or visited the Spa? So exquisite! I love all the window views!

Have a grand time with Carson.
You guys sounds like great Grandparents!! :)
I am sure Carson has missed you!

xoxo




TexWisGirl said...

good luck to kim. bless her! hope you have a great time with your grandson! the food looks good - especially the cheesecake!

DeniseinVA said...

I would have a good time stuffing my face at that restaurant. Have fun with your grandson :)

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family and friends. The cheesecake pic made me hungry. LOL!~

Lin Floyd said...

sounds fun, I like the Brazilian restaurants with all the yummy meats they bring around!

Janie Junebug said...

Once is performed on stage? I wonder if it's the Once I remember seeing on a DVD. You must have had a lovely weekend.

Love,
Janie

Cherdo said...

The movie, Once, is one of my favorites. I've wanted to hear from someone who saw the play.

Musicals are awesome; there's not enough of them floating around.

Andrea said...

Oooh, I have been wanting to try a Brazilian Steak House! Yum!

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

wow, the cake looks delicious. i feel like some one told me about Once ... i wonder where i saw it before? best seller list maybe? ( :

Mike said...

That's the biggest centipede on a stick I've ever seen.

Gosia k said...

The chicken looks so delicious

Amy at love made my home said...

What great times you have been having! xx

The Yum List said...

That cheesecake looks dreamy with the sauce drizzled over the top.

William Kendall said...

That cheesecake looks delicious!

I have seen Once as the movie; I know they've adapted it for the stage. The lead actor in the movie, years earlier, was in an Irish film called The Commitments.

Linda said...

Sounds like a fabulous time, Linda. Lovely photos. I love roast lamb and roast chicken!!! :)

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post and photos of happy family time ~ xo

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Would love to see ONCE.
Great photo of you, daughter and her friend... and the cheesecake!!

Cynthia said...

I would go to The Herb Farm based on name alone. Sounds like fun plans with Carson.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...