Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday, Monday

I love to post on Mondays, as I usually take the day off from posting and commenting on Sunday. So it's fun to link up with Tamar for Good Random Fun to give you, my dear readers, a little of this past week's events.

Good:
My granddaughter, Kenze, who is a senior in high school, is a member of Cheer Spot a cheerleading/dance team that is in competition with others across the country. In St. Louis last weekend they won a championship. Kenze is 5'10" tall and does back aerials...I can't imagine how she gets those long legs going. They compete the weekend of March 28th in Myrtle Beach. She is on the left, kneeling.

Random
I have a nephew Kyle who is a guitarist and a very strong Christian, and he is currently in Lebanon on a mission trip. If you would just like to think of him now again in the next two weeks for his safety and the safety of his friends who are taking supplies to a mission group there, I would appreciate any prayers you might want to send up. My brother, his dad, is very concerned as you can imagine.

Fun
This was posted on Facebook this week, and I have no idea of the origin. But I thought of my dogs and those of you who love your pets.

And this photo was taken at the Suds and Spuds party at the clubhouse of the ladies who helped organize the event.



A good time was had by all!

Have a wonderful week! I'm posting the picture I'll be using on Wednesday to write a story or poem. If you would like to use this picture to write a poem or a short story about it for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom, please feel free to use this picture and join in here on my blog.


What do you think....is he a ship captain, or a medieval man? This art work is hanging on a wall in my house. 

Linda Kay

25 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that all goes really well for your granddaughter and nephew in their endeavours! xx

Tom said...

Cheering is BIG these days! Tom The Backroads Traveller

whiteangel said...

The artwork is nice, he is thinking, seems troubled.
That dog is cute with it's head on the side...

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Congratulations to Kenze!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Congratulations to Kenze ... I'll bet her group will be winners again on March 28th in Myrtle Beach! I will put Kyle on my prayer list. What an awesome mission he is on. John

TexWisGirl said...

congrats to your granddaughter and her teammates! i hope your nephew will return home with great stories to share.

Revrunner said...

I do back flips, too, Linda Kay--in my dreams! :-)

Banana Oil said...

Congratulations and good luck to your granddaughter and her team.

Banana Oil said...

Congratulations and good luck to your granddaughter and her team.

Gail said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter.

Will keep your family in our prayers.

Thanks for your kind comments on my post.

Have a blessed day.

Tamar SB said...

Sounds like you have wonderful grandkids!!

Linda W. said...

Great photo of you and your friends. And congrats to your granddaughter!

Kim Cunningham said...

So much good stuff in this post! Congrats to the cheer team! I will say a prayer for the mission trip for Kyle. That's really exciting.

Mike said...

Where were they at in St. Louis?

Cynthia said...

How exciting for your granddaughter! I hope you will have a chance to see her perform, or maybe you already have. And a wonderful thing your nephew is doing. Have a good week.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i love all the green. such a lovely color!! & happy too!! ( :

you have such a busy life. what fun!!

Gosia k said...

lovely green - ecological ladies..

William Kendall said...

I have seen that dog meme before. It is a good one!

Lux Ganzon said...

That dog meme is so cute. I think that's what our dog could be thinking too.

You've got a cool daughter. You must be really proud.

The Yum List said...

What a cute dog pic!

evilsloth4 said...

I'm finding that replies to comments aren't always working. Did you get a notification tinkle or maybe you don't do that? It seems I need to cover my touchscreen with a foil hat.
I've been to Myrtle beach. salty.

Linda said...

Congratulations to Kenze!!!

Jeanne said...

Hello Linda Kay, I loved hearing about Kenze's cheerleading competition. CONGRATS FOR WINNING HER COMPETITION. Our granddaughter is also very tall (5-11) and has long legs. They make our world go round don't they. Smile!

I will keep Kyle in my prayers with travel mercies. I can understand the worries.

Yes, our dog thinks she is people and she IS our baby. LOL.

Love your wise professor of olden days in your marvelous painting. (my take on who he might be)
I wish I had time to be creative and write a poem. A great idea.

Have a great week.
Hugs, Jeanne

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the 'good time was had by all'! What a fun post and a good way to catch up on your news! Sweet hugs, Diane

Betsy Adams said...

Cute post... Our Doggies are our BABIES for sure...

I know you are proud of your granddaughter, Kenze, and your nephew, Kyle.

Hugs,
Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...