Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday's Picture

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday!

Here's hoping some of you might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture, then write a short story or a poem about the picture.  When you have your story written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here.


Just a little different this week:



Where will you take me, lovely ship?
To lands beyond my dreams
Where all those pictures come to life
From history books I've seen?

The engines turn, we move on out
To the sea in the pale moonlight.
Tomorrow we wake to another land
Still far away from sight.

Just a short ditty for a picture from the beginning of our Mediterranean cruise. Be sure to join in with a picture and a short story or poem from your archives.

Linda Kay

22 comments:

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, I do think I know that exact spot where your picture was taken ... it was on a Princess ship, correct? I like your poem to go with the shot. I'm enjoying "Senior Adventures"! John

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Have fun on your adventure! I'll watch from the shore..I am a landlubber!

Lux Ganzon said...

Have a wonderful and memorable cruise. Enjoy! (Oh, I want too!)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a wonderful cruise! What ports are you going to?

TexWisGirl said...

very nice!

Linda W. said...

Nice photo and poem.

Cherdo said...

You've totally got me in the cruising mode...beautiful picture.

William Kendall said...

Enjoy the trip, as long as there are no relatives of Captain Schettino on the crew!

Michelle F said...

Hmmm...I like it! Enjoy!!

Mike said...

I was wondering where the people were in the picture. But closer inspection showed that there is someone in it.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Wow....a poetess!! That was wonderful.

Gosia k said...

greAT POEM.

Janie Junebug said...

Nicely done, Linda Kay.

Love,
Janie

Big Sky Heidi said...

What wonderful ship is that?

The Yum List said...

Those colour contrasts are wonderful!

Donna McDine said...

Lovely and peaceful picture and poem! I want to go!!!!

Betsy Adams said...

Ahhh----I'm envious. Have a wonderful cruise and take lots of pictures to share.
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Adams said...

Sorry----didn't realize that your cruise was several years ago... The way I interpreted your post made me think it was upcoming... Oh Well.. Sorry about that.

You asked about the cabin in Arkansas It's in a state park (Mt Nebo State Park) and they do rent it out. We just ask for the same cabin each year (been going there since 2006)--so we 'think' of it as OURS... ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Anita said...

How wonderful, Linda!
Very adventurous & hopeful! Enjoy the trip!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Oh Linda, so lovely!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Bon Voyage, Linda!
~

Farin Vazquez said...

I love cruises, and a Mediterranean one would be perfect in this snow weather :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...