Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend Adventures

Can you believe it's Monday already? Where did the weekend go? Lots of things going on in our neck of the woods with Spring coming up. Hubby just finished his last continuing ed class for his master gardener designation, so now he just has to get about gardening instead of building a tree house. (Just kidding...plenty of time).

I'll share some things with Good Random Fun for this Monday.

Good
Some of you were curious about the gopher cactus. This link has some additional info for those of you who like all the details, and here are a couple of pictures of our now blooming plant, thanks to hubby. Bet you didn't know a cactus could be so pretty.



Random

Remember last week when we went to the Pioneer Museum? They had the oddest looking chickens there, so I just had to post a picture of these chickens that look like they have fancy hats on with fuzzy slippers on their feet. Note that I had to really work to get this little chick to show up in a picture.

Fun

Girls Lunch Day - Actually the JULIETs from the compound er, subdivision. The men have the ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Out), so we have the girls who are Just Us Ladies Informally Eating Together.  We ventured out for a bit of a drive to Camp Verde for our lunch. Here are a few pictures of our day. It's a great place to visit, has a bit of history there (thus the camel), and the food and shopping were fun.


Front Entrance


We had to really work to keep people from climbing on the fountain


Lots  of unusual items for sale...many kitchen conveniences.

Be sure to think about a picture you might post and connect to the Wednesday Wit and Wisdom at this spot. Just find a picture that speaks to you, maybe even one that you will use on another blog hop, such as Good Fences or Outdoor Wednesday. Then write a story that comes to mind related to this picture. Link back to this spot on Wednesday and share your story or a poem, while practicing your writing skills. It might be the start of a great book!

Have a happy week!
Linda Kay

23 comments:

whiteangel said...

Cacti have pretty flowers but are not usually in flower for long..

biebkriebels said...

Those chickens are really funny indeed!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those are beautiful cacti.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

enjoyed...cheers

Tamar SB said...

Those plants are really cool!

Friko said...

A pleasant collection of bits and pieces. All in all a jolly good week; let’s see if I can have one like that.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

not sure i have ever seen a flower like those ... very cool.

thank you for your comments today. i see you had a nice weekend. i love the fountain. did you make a wish? ( :

Lin Floyd said...

Our church group meets once a month for LUNCH BUNCH! Fun get togethers!

Cherdo said...

Two things, Ms. Linda!

1) That chicken is a silkie - they're a Chinese breed (with black skin under those feathers!). I used to raise and show them.

2) That plant is BEAUTIFUL and now I wonder if I could grow it here? I've never seen that one.

Great post!

TexWisGirl said...

i like the silkie chickens. :) and loved the romeos and juliets. :)

Carola Bartz said...

The shop looks like a place I would like to spend some time (and probably money). Lovely to have a lunch with some friends there. The chickens do look interesting, I've never seen this kind. The "slippers" on their feet are funny!
I wish I could write well in English so I could join your Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.

Gail said...

Funny how I would NEVER think of climbing on the fountain UNTIL I read that sign.

I'm stumped on the chicken breed, either a Frizzle or a Polish Crested of some type.

Wonderful to have a day out.

Mike said...

I would have definitely sat down on the fountain. Spread eagle right over the sign. Sitting is not climbing.

Kim Cunningham said...

The gopher cactus is really interesting. That is new to me, but I like it!

William Kendall said...

Those are strange looking chickens!

The Yum List said...

What a beautiful plant in those first couple of shots. I've never seen one like it.

Gosia k said...

Wwhat a great flowers

Romi C said...

I've never heard of gopher cactus before. They are so beautiful!

Hannah said...

The Silkie chicken is really cute, and the little chick is adorable! It seems like a lot of cacti are in the Euphorbia family, they are cool flowers.

Tom said...

Who knew that gopher cactus was so beautiful. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Jeanne said...

Catching up today. My cousin has been here for almost two weeks and my time is not my own.

Beautiful cactus and very unusual hens. I am always surprised at how many varieties of chickens there are. When we go to the county fair the chickens always delight me. As a child growing up on a farm, it was my job to feed the chickens. They really get attached to the one who feeds them.

Looks like a great ladies day out.
Hugs,
Jeanne

Linda said...

Lovely series here, Linda.

Kay said...

Wow! It's hard to believe that cactus can have such gorgeous, unusual looking flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...