Joining in today with my usual buddies of the Friday memes: Willy Nilly Friday 5 (Tanya)and Friday Fragments (Amy). Thanks for hosting!
1. The Bluebonnets are finally in bloom around the area. The grow in clusters like this:
And here is a close-up of how beautiful they are. I never pick them as they really are our state flower, and they don't live in water in a vase. A ditch full of these looks like water.
2. Here's my Facebook photo of the week, posted by one of my "friends" on Facebook.
I'm quite sure all of you grandmas out there will agree with this one!
3. The prickly pear cactus is getting ready to bloom. You can see these blossoms, and if I can capture one in full bloom, I'll post a picture.
4. I'm working hard on the table cover I mentioned last week for my granddaughter's wedding. I found out that she had already zeroed in on the exact cover she wanted on Pinterest, and it's a bit complicated. I have the burlap and now have a lighter cotton twill that will be a part of it as well. It's kind of hard to explain, but is a series of ruffles down the skirt. I'll keep you posted on this one! Did I mention that I absolutely hate doing ruffles? It's all for the kiddo, right?
5. Before and after. I recently had some plantation shutters put on some of the windows in the house, and I love the way they look.
The light is a lot more controlable with the shutters, and I'm not sure I'll put any other window treatments up. What do you think?
Today is Good Friday in the Christian World. My hubby will be in our church drive-thru of the remembrance of Jesus Christ's persecution, suffering and death. This will be my last posting of the week in observation of the Easter weekend. Family for dinner on Sunday!