Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday After

Can't believe the weekend is already past us, and it's Monday again. I'll share a couple of things with you today...

We drove north in Texas to the LBJ Lake in Kingsland to visit with some friends who were camping there at the Rio Vista RV Resort. Along the way, we passed the Wild Seed Farm, just outside Fredericksburg about 5 miles. They had two fields of Corn Poppies that were just stunning, along with other poppies and of course the bluebonnets (and even a hybrid white bluebonnet-shaped flower). So I made a collage of some pictures I took there.

The view of these fields was breathtaking. Then in all the ditches there was a blend of bluebonnets, Indian paintbrush, and yellow black-eyed susans. What a wonderful drive. The lake was lovely and it was a beautiful day.

I've started packing. If you saw my post on Friday, our house sold in five days, so I thought I'd get started. My friend had just moved back into her house after a very tragic water incident, so she had lots of paper and boxes to pass along to me. If I get started now, I'll be in better shape as time goes on. Starting with things I don't use too much.



Friday night was our last installment of my daughters and I at the Majestic Theater in San Antonio. The show for this last play was Annie. On this website there is a comment about "Little Orphan Annie" being created by Harold Gray in 1924 for the comic strips. This is the last of the season play we will see this year, as we will all be out of town for a wedding in May. 

How was your weekend? We had lots of rain in the Hill Country which we really needed, so at the moment the creeks and rivers are running pretty full. Think I'll do a bit more packing today, and enjoy the peaceful sunshiny day after the rain.

Linda Kay

26 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wow, I love the field of poppies. Gorgeous.. Lovely view of the lake! I am sure you will be busy packing..I hope all goes smoothly with your move.. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those were beautiful fields of flowers! Happy packing!

I had a nice weekend too!

Revrunner said...

Good luck with all the packing.

Romi C said...

Your photos are always delightful.

Have a great week!

Cranberry Morning said...

It is incredible to hear of a house selling in five days! So much work packing!! Love the gorgeous photos. Fun to look at on our cold, rainy day here. Hope your packing goes well.

Gail said...

Packing and labeling before the last minute rush is a smart thing.

Linda W. said...

Lovely flower photos!

Michelle F said...

Wow! What a God-thing about your house.
I think those flowers are lovely.

Thank you for stopping by and for your thoughts & prayers.
I think I was floating on extra energy last week. Because this week I feel exhausted.

I will slowly get back to blogging.

xoxo

Cherdo said...

Once again, the flowers are so beautiful! I love the read and blue.

Your neck o' the woods is beautiful. Thanks, Linda.

Mike said...

I see that step stool in the kitchen shot. I have one just like tha..... I'm going upstairs to make sure mine is still there.

Banana Oil said...

Wonderful pictures of flowers!

Jeanne said...

Hi Linda Kay, Thank you for the sweet anniversary wishes and your comment about my figurine.

I'm glad your home sold so quickly. It has it's downside when packing early is not easy. It happened to us once. Don't over do with the packing. It is a hard job.

The flowers are lovely. I have always wanted to see the blue bells.

Have a lovely week.
xo
Jeanne

Tom said...

Acres of flowers, neat! Tom The Backroads Traveller

William Kendall said...

Moving will certainly keep you busy!

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i love Annie. love the soundtrack is so fun. i love your blooms. i want to see those blue bonnets one day, when we wish Texas. i love all the shots that you all keep sharing. so lovely!! have a great week!! ( :

Nonnie said...

LOVE those pics!! Would really like to see all those fields of flowers.
Congratulations on selling your home. You will certainly be a busy bee for a while!
I remember Annie in the Sunday comic strips, but never read it. I didn't like the way it looked! Her eyes were spooky. But the musical Annie is delightful and I have seen it several times.

The Yum List said...

What a beautiful field of flowers.

whiteangel said...

Beautiful array of flowers and I bet looking down on the would be awesome.

whiteangel said...

Beautiful array of flowers and I bet looking down on the would be awesome.

Patricia said...

The fields of wildflowers look so stunning, especially the red poppies! All looks wonderful in the Hill Country. Great news re the quick sale of your house, and good luck with the packing - such a big job.

Val said...

What a great weekend. Moving is a huge ordeal. We have been in the same house for over 20 years. I can't begin to imagine moving, but I'm sure we will within the next five years. It's nice that you found all the beauty around you in what could be a stressful time.

TexWisGirl said...

what a neat place to work - the seed farm. although i'm certain it become 'just work' for many after a while.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beautiful field of red poppies! :)

Rose said...

In that collage, I LOVE that photo in the lower left! If you have more like that, use them for Good Fences. It is so pretty.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely montage of photos and lake is awesome ~ Good luck in your move ~

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Carola Bartz said...

Those Corn Poppies remind me so much of Germany!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...