Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday, Monday

Monday is a good time for Good Random Fun, so I'll link up with Tamar today to share a couple of things with you!

Good:
I don't think I've share my mini collection of Anri dolls that my husband started for me many years ago. So here are the four figurines in the collection. The are the larger size than the "collectables". I enjoy their sweet faces.

Random:
This is a collection of items to see if you know what they are. I'll list them at the end of this post. See if you recognize these items:

Fun:

It's baseball season again with my grandson Carson - Coach pitch this year!

The items in the collage:
#1 - Pump Organ. - My aunt had one of these in her home many, many years ago.
#2 - Meat grinder. - It had to be mounted on a table top or counter top. You could put ham, beef, or a number of other items through this to be able to create a meat salad.
#3 - Spinning wheel - never owned or operated one of these.
#4 - This was the hardest one. It was actually used to create ice cream cones. The batter was put into the casing, then the form placed inside. The batter was then baked into a cone. These were used in the old pharmacy to make treats for the ice cream customers.

Have a great week!
Linda Kay

25 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The only object around our house was the meat grinder. my mother had one into this decade. Should have saved it, but we didn't.

eileeninmd said...

The antiques are neat and your doll collection is pretty. It must be fun to go out and watch your grandson play ball.. Have a happy Monday!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's baseball time again! Have enjoyable games! And those dolls are beautiful!

Michelle F said...

Hi!

Love this post!
I recognized the meat grinder.
The ice cream cone maker, I didn't know.

I knew the piano was not a Player Piano.
But couldn't remember what kind it was until I read the answers.
I believe even small children could guess a spinning wheel.
Thanks to Fairy Tales :)

Happy Monday, my friend!
Hopefully the AC guy will come to our house, today :(

abrianna said...

I enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Great vintage finds!

Tamar SB said...

Great collection! Love the baseball shot!

Revrunner said...

Not sure what the "thingy" is in the bottom right hand corner, but check out the patent date! Like the government was doing any work then. :-)

Karen S. said...

Oh yes, I like the good, random choices for your fun photos! Lovely girls, a step back in history and playing together. Win win,winner!

TexWisGirl said...

#4 was impossible. :) very cool, though.

used a meat grinder just like that with my folks.

happy week to you!

Carola Bartz said...

I knew all the items except for the ice cream cone maker. I wish I had a spinning wheel - they are beautiful, and I would actually love to learn to spin my own yarn. Years ago a woman in Scotland showed me how to do it, but I think I need real teaching for that. I remember those meat grinders as well! Very cool pix for Monday morning.

Cranberry Morning said...

What a cool ice cream cone maker! I've never before seen one. Fun items! Have a wonderful week.

Gosia k said...

I love the dolls. The same meat ginder had my grandmother now in Europe are more modern time has changed

Cherdo said...

The ice cream cone maker totally stumped me.

Have a great day, Linda!

Lin Floyd said...

interesting...

Linda W. said...

Cute collection of figurines! Good luck to your grandson and his team.

Amy at love made my home said...

I got numbers two and three - not sure if 50% is a pass or fail!! xx

Mike said...

I would have never figured out the cone item. Probably not even if I saw it in person.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Your dolls are sweet looking.

I did not know # 4.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i love that organ. i have a friend who has one. very cool!! happy week to you!! enjoy every single second. ( :

The Yum List said...

Got the first three pics, but thought the last one might have been one of those old clothes wringers - to squeeze water out of the clothes. My grandma used to have a similar looking thing at the top of her washing machine.

Nonnie said...

When I was a little girl, our neighbors had a pump organ. It must have been hard to play.

And it looks like your Carson is about the same age as our Brady who is playing coach pitch ball. Wish we were closer to watch our grandsons play sports.

Your collection is sweet. A friend of mine has a collection of Hummel figurines similar to that.

Nicki said...

Quite the collection. Awe, baseball season - and none too soon.

Tom said...

A great collection Linda Kay! Tom The Backroads Traveller

William Kendall said...

The organ reminded me of a player piano.

Rebecca said...

I would never have figured out that ice cream cone mold. Interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...