Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Ramblings

This evening we will be celebrating my grandson's 8th birthday with his friends as we initiate the tree house you have watched going up on my blog. I'll post some pictures for you next week.

1.Last Friday was the monthly Friday Night Art Walk, so I got a couple of pictures to share. The first is such a beautiful lady, and second a fife player in the confederacy.




2.Outside one of the Art Shops, the bees were working on the lavender. Kind of hard to make this fellow out, but he wouldn't sit still for the picture!



3.My granddaughter was in her Cheer Competition in Chicago area last weekend, so got these pictures from the FB posts.The first is Kenze (graduating HS on the 17th) with her sister, Macy (just a year older, and a true fan of Kenze's team. The second is of the whole team of girls.




4.I got my hubby a cute little CoolPix Nikon camera for his birthday this week. He can carry it in his shirt pocket. Now we just have to get the card to insert and we will be ready to go. And....I'll use it for my blog, as it has a zoom lens.



5. Polly just hanging out last night on Dad's shirt and a pillow. She gets a haircut on Thursday, so I'll make sure they don't clip her too short. I left the "flash" in her eyes...makes her look kind of eerie! She's an alien visitor.


Linking in to my Friday friends.....Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Friday Fragments and Five on Friday. Thanks for hosting! Have a super weekend.....


Linda Kay

31 comments:

Tom said...

I'm ready and waiting to see the tree house. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Revrunner said...

Liked the "alien". :-)

Saucy Kodz said...

I am most anxious to see the grand opening of the tree house and perhaps you could have cheerleaders and the alien attend. ha,ha Have a wonderful day.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson! The lavender looks pretty. Your granddaughters are beautiful. I hope you two enjoy the new camera. Looks nice. And Polly is just adorable.Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

that was a serious ramble

:)

whiteangel said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday boy, I'm sure he will have a lovely day....the girls look lovely.
Always great to get a new camera...will see the results here I expect, as your husband I'm sure will contribute...
Sweet dog...

Marilyn Parel said...

The entire cheer team looks lovely. Bet they're a lively bunch. Enjoy the lavender and the camera.

Tanya Breese said...

happy birthday to your grandson, he is going to love that treehouse! exciting for the girls to be in chicago for competition! polly is cute and happy belated birthday to your hubby! i bet he enjoys that camera! thanks for linking and happy mother's day!

Anvilcloud said...

Bees are so tough because they flit so quickly.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson, and I can't wait to see the treehouse! Enjoy your new camera.

TexWisGirl said...

cute little fluffmonster. :) i know that tree house is going to be a HUGE hit! how awesome!!!

Gwen said...

cute doggie, and granddaughters. Can't wait to see the tree house!

Latane Barton said...

Linda Kay, I have the same, exact Coolpix camera. It's so easy to use and so handy. Takes up no room whatsoever. He will enjoy it so much.

Waiting to see the completed tree house. I want to come visit up there.

mamasmercantile said...

Looking forward to seeing the treehouse.

Rose said...

I hope you like your hubby's nikon...been thinking about getting something little that I can carry in my pocket.

Your granddaughters are pretty...

Mike said...

This weekend is the Mother's Day weekend (F,S,S) art fair at Laumeier Sculpture Park. We usually go on Friday night when we sign up for our membership for the year. And get a free t-shirt.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson! I hope that you all have a great time at the treehouse!! Lovely to see what else you have been up to over the last few days! Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

Marie C said...

Love your new art! Happy birthday to the grandson and congrats to the grand-daughter! Lovely lavender shot, too.

William Kendall said...

Have fun!

Polly is a cutie pie!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those were lovely pictures! And the cheerleading ones look so good! Congratulations to Kenze on graduating.

Gosia k said...

your granddaughter is lovely

knitbakecultivate said...

Lovely pic of your granddaughters, and the lavender is pretty. Enjoy your weekend.

Romi C said...

Happy birthday to your grandson.

Happiness is shining through all of your photos.

Janice Adcock said...

Our youngest grandson just had his 9th birthday on Tuesday!

Mage said...

What a wonderful rich friday you are having. Your granddaughters look so lovely. Even the charming Polly looks as if her golden locks are inviting a petting.

Terra said...

Polly's fur looks like it is made of the softest silk.

Kay said...

Polly's hair is so silky. It would be a shame to cut it. :- )

orchid Miyako said...

Dearest Linda; Oh, Happy birthday to your grandson♡♡♡ And your granddaughters also look Gorgeous and Congratulations♪ I love the cute Polly. BTW, my camera is also CoolPix Nikon :-)

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

Lexa Cain said...

It's great to see all the fun things happening in your life. Your granddaughter is adorable and her team looks like they won a trophy. Woohoo! You could consider adding "Celebrate the Small Things" to your list of Friday links at the end. We'd sure appreciate it!

Christina said...

Lovely photos of your granddaughters. Your 'alien' dog looks very cute!

StarTraci said...

Lovely art! It's great that the older sister supports her and her cheer team!
Hope you and hubby have fun with the new camera.
:-)
Traci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...