Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Stuff

This is the first day of the time we will spend driving to Illinois for our youngest granddaughter's graduation (Kenze on the 17th), and our oldest granddaughter's wedding (Lexi and Tyler on the 23rd). Our dogs are traveling with us, and we will stay at my younger brother's place back on the farm where I grew up. I'll be posting some photos of all these events, mixed in with visits with friends and relatives while we are there. 

1. Last Friday was the initiation of the tree house. So here's Grandpa and Carson in the tree house before everyone arrived for Carson's birthday celebration.
There were 36 boys, 4 girls and 25 or so adults in attendance with food, water fights and ice cream cake.

Water Fight!


Food



Birthday Boy - Best Birthday Party Ever!

2. Here's a quote from Facebook to share with you. How many of you have felt this way?

3. Our house is sold, money in the bank until the new house is complete, so we are now renters! We had our new owners over for coffee to go over some things in the house on Monday. I have boxes packed everywhere so it's beginning to look pretty strange around here.

4. My book club met on Monday for a salad supper to select the books for the next year. The hostess provided salad greens, and we all brought something to add to the salad. It was delicious! Here are the books chosen for the next four months:
"A Year on Ladybug Farm" by Donna Ball
"Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker" by Jennifer Chiaverini
"In The President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes With Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Serve" by Ronald Kessler
"Dead Lock" by Iris Johansen
Any thoughts on these? I have not read any of them as yet.

5. Newspaper headlines can sometimes be entertaining, although sometimes completely off base. This was amusing to me. Pretty sure it was intentional.

I'll try to keep in touch during my travels, but not sure of my wi-fi connections on the farm, etc. In any case I'll be back on the 26th! There are some posts ahead as well as others I'll add along the way.  I've listed five items and celebrations for a Friday, but may not be able to link back to the hostesses of the memes. Feel free to link me in, ladies.

Linda Kay

26 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Sound you have a great time with the celebrations. Enjoy!

Hilary said...

so much going on.. enjoy every second!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It must have been an awesome birthday celebration!

Saucy Kodz said...

THREE WORDS COME TO MIND -
"WOW" "AWSOMELY DELIGHTFUL" :)
P.S. Happy renting until you are settled and happy travels.

Marilyn Parel said...

You are BUSY. Have a nice weekend.

TexWisGirl said...

that birthday party was epic! :) enjoy your travels and family visits!

whiteangel said...

A lot to be done with packing...happy travels. The tree house is looking good.

Lin Floyd said...

enjoy!

Lin Floyd said...

enjoy!

Linda W. said...

That's quite the tree house! And what a birthday party! Safe travels to your grandkids graduations.

Gwen said...

Congrats on the house, and have an amazing trip! :)

Shah Wharton said...

What a fun party! Enjoy your trip, X

shahwharton.com

Cherdo said...

Absolute joy radiates from the picture of Grandpa's completed tree house. The party looks like a huge (and I do mean huge) hit!!

Lovely post, Linda Kay!

Gosia k said...

great house tree enjoy your time travelling

William Kendall said...

Nice to see the tree house is done!

The Minion quote I can relate to- I've kept my mouth shut too many times to keep the peace in the family, and ultimately for nothing.

Anvilcloud said...

My goodness. That looks like one heckuva party. What a horde.

Joy said...

Seems you are very busy woman, but having fun. Good luck with the new house, graduation, wedding and rest:) Belated happy birthday to the sweet boy:)

Grantham Lynn said...

Have a safe trips and loads of fun. I'll stay and keep my mouth shut.
Smiles,
Sherry

Mike said...

3. - I would be doing the same thing with the new owners. But your agent and a lawyer would be telling you to keep quiet.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a fabulous tree fort! Hope Carson was thrilled with it!

Janie Junebug said...

I hope you have a great trip. You are in my prayers, now and always.

Love,
Janie

Lexa Cain said...

Awesome treehouse! I had some birthday parties when I was young, but nothing as big as that. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Have a great trip for all the family celebrations! :)

Kay said...

Wow! You've got so many good things happening. It's always a relief to have your house sold. I look forward to seeing your new one.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sounds like a busy week ahead...a busy summer too! Love the tree house. It's awesome! Hugs, Diane

Cynthia said...

That is quite a birthday bash! The tree house looks wonderful and I'm sure many happy, imaginative hours will be spent there. Hope you have a smooth trip and a wonderful time with your grandchildren's celebrations.

Rose said...

Carson is one lucky boy!

I haven't read any of the books, but have read one or two by Iris Johanson and have like them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...