Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This Tractor's Sexy

This song came to my mind this week as I was on the farm. I got to ride on this monster tractor with my brother Dave. The tractor sort of drives itself through the field, dropping seeds just a couple of inches from the fertilizer that was applied at a previous time and recorded on a computer.  Kenny Chesney - "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"


Here's the beast - all connected to the planter that has 16 planter boxes for dropping the grain.


Just one arm of the planter. 


Looking back with my bird's eye view.


Looking ahead through the windshield - long rows of very flat ground with fertile soil.


Inside the cab, a computer tells Dave how many seeds are dropping and shows the map the tractor is traveling, as it follows the line of the fertilizer.

You might not think it's so fantastic, but I guarantee you that Dave thinks his tractor is sexy....he spends many hours in the field driving it!

We are back in Texas as you are reading this, so I'll be getting pictures posted soon of the wedding. Hope you are having a great week!

Linda Kay

26 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Oh man, that is a real sexy thing to drive with. I have never seen such a machine so close and detailed. A computer on board how cool is that.

Gail said...

Sure makes that horse or mule team look very primitive indeed.

Revrunner said...

Beats sowing the seeds by hand. :-)

Duckbutt said...

That's an awesome tractor!

eileeninmd said...

What fun a tractor ride. Great shots! I like Kenny Chesney's song. Have a happy day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Farmin' she is changin' since my Daddy's day.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's one incredible tractor! We don't see the tracked ones around here, but we sometimes do see big ones.

TexWisGirl said...

dang! awesome equipment!!!

whiteangel said...

Excellent. We have technology like that down here. Press a key at home to water the fields as well..amazing!

Lin Floyd said...

amazing how farming has changed...

Amy at love made my home said...

My goodness, that is quite the tractor isn't it!! xx

Mike said...

Soon there will have to be a copilot and a navigator in the cab.

Cherdo said...

That's more than sexy - it's AMAZING!! Farming has gone so high tech. Pretty cool, actually.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That is one cool tractor!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

That's an amazing piece of machinery. Nice video too.

Linda W. said...

"I'm too sexy for my tractor....too sexy for my tractor..." :) Boy, that's quite the fancy tractor!

Gosia k said...

a giant tractor and so modern . My cousin who runs farm also has the same..

William Kendall said...

I've been in one of those a long time ago, when I was a boy.

Tom said...

That tractor is neat. Sexy? Now that's stretch! Tom The Backroads Traveller

DeniseinVA said...

That would be a great experience. I have been on combine harvesters on my trips to hubby's family farms. It's a fun experience. Your photos are super.

The Yum List said...

Those tractor pics are really bringing back memories of my life growing up in the country.

Janie Junebug said...

It's amazing that a tractor can do all that. The song is funny. The Hurricane introduced me to it when it came out.

Love,
Janie

Rory Bore said...

LOL - I don't know if I find it sexy per say, but it is pretty darn cool. Boy, farming has come along way since the days I sat on my grandpas' knee and he let me steer the John Deere.
Now, John Deere green - that's sexy!! LOL

Carola Bartz said...

Wow, that is quite the tractor!! I think it's fascinating and I would like to take a ride in it!

Linda said...

That is quite a tractor, Linda!

Heidi Sutton said...

Love those Case IH tractors, I've got one myself that I wouldn't trade for anything. I've been known to blast that Kenny Chesney song out of my phone while sitting high in the seat, out on the fields, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Who would have thought farming could be so sexy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...