Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Mystery #3

Some of you may have followed me in the past for installments on a short story. So last week I started a story here for Fridays for a few weeks, a continuing mystery. We'll see if you can guess the outcome. If you missed the first week's introduction, click here. Then check on my blog last week for the update.


On returning home from church, Gwen found her list of cards issued and the numbers assigned to them. Her job with the church youth group was to order these cards from the grocery chain at a discounted price and sell them to members folks at a full price. Each card issued to her was identified with a number. She quickly found the number assigned to the card Kelly had purchased, and she called Officer Gannon on Monday to relay the number to him.
Officer Gannon stopped by the grocery store later that morning to visit with the store manager.

“I have a number on a store cash card I’d like you to run down for me to see if it has been used here,” he explained to the manager, handing him a piece of paper with the number on it.

“Sure, I’d be glad to do that. If you’ll give me some time, I’ll give you a call later today.”

Later that afternoon, the phone rang on Gannon’s desk. “Gannon here.”

“This is Tom at the store, and I’ve traced that card to a transaction here at the store, actually two separate transactions just a few minutes apart. Since I had the date it was used, I’ve also pulled the video surveillance. If you’ll come down to the store, I’ll share the information with you.

A few minutes later, they watched the video together, and Gannon immediately recognized the woman in the video at the checkout counter at the precise moment the card was used. She had used the card, then gone back into the store to return to make another purchase on the card.

“I’ll need to take this with me for evidence, Tom. Thank you so much for doing this research for me.”

Gannon returned to the police station to discuss his finding with the Sergeant, then drove to the home of the lady on the video.

The mystery will conclude next week.

Linda Kay

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

Hmmmm, I'm looking forward to the conclusion!

fishducky said...

I'll be waiting with baited breath to catch the end of this mystery!

Mike said...

"Trust me, it's my card. Kelly gave it to me!"

Gosia k said...

I am impatient for the nice ending

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I can't discern where it's going. Looking forward to next week.

T. Drecker said...

Just jumped in. Looks like I have some back-reading to do :)

TexWisGirl said...

that was a short teaser!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Not enough clues but I till think it is the photographer or maybe the cleaning lady:)

Michelle F said...

It belongs to the owner of the card...
Too easy, so that's probably not it..

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...