Tuesday, June 9, 2015

One Artsy Weekend

Guess what? It was Friday Night Art Walk in Fredericksburg on Friday night, then we had a Chalk Festival in Kerrville on Saturday. So we had a wonderful weekend of art. So I'm joining in with Josie Two Shoes for Two Shoes Tuesday with "one" and "wonderful" to share some pictures of the beautiful artwork we visited.

We started out at Larry Jackson's to see antiques, artwork and consignments which are always changing in this place. Awesome blues in dishes on display. Just click on the link for a tour of some of his shop, and you might find just the perfect one for your collection.

Then we were on to Hanna Gallery where George H Jones work is on display, and the artist was actually working on a new painting while we watched, sipping our wine. What do you think of this wonderful item?
I'm looking at some yellow items for my kitchen, and found these three on display here as well. Which one do you like best?

We were on to the Fredericksburg Artisans Gallery, where there are many different types of media and crafts. 


We toured a couple of other galleries as well, but I want to get to the Kerrville Chalk Festival. Some of you may have attended on of these in another city, and unfortuantely I didn't get to stay to see some of these completed, as hubby was feeling a little woozy, probably from a reaction to a bug bite or something earlier in the day. He's fine now. Here are a few of these wonderful drawings.



Thanks for hosting, Josie. Your words fit right into my plan for this Tuesday! Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

Linda Kay

34 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I like that those paintings on the ground. Always a pity they don't last.

Revrunner said...

There will be no "bull" in my kitchen, so I guess that narrows down the choice. :-)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I like the two pictures on the right of the yellow ones. This concept of an art walk is so nice! I guess I'm not bullish on bovine pictures! Chalk drawings are a great idea!

whiteangel said...

The art on the path is a good idea and looks nice.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely paintings, I love the cow and the pretty sunflowers. The Chalk art is amazing. The horse is beautiful. Have a happy day!

Tabor said...

I love the artistes, and keep thinking I will be one someday with my photography...just need to sell more.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

lots of color...I like color

TexWisGirl said...

holy cow, those are awesome chalk drawings! i like the brahma, too!

Gosia k said...

I love yellow colour in the kitchen it brighten it

Cherdo said...

I love the chalk art! It's fun to watch the progress on a piece and see what all the urban artists come up with on the bare concrete.

Anvilcloud said...

The sunflowers in the muggy thing would be my choice.

Rory Bore said...

I of course love the flowers in the vase picture. It also has pottery which is another thing I love. The chalk drawings are amazing! I cannot even draw a straight line with chalk, without it getting all blurry and messed up. the detail they can do is incredible.

Cynthia said...

I enjoyed the sidewalk chalk art. All that work and it will be gone in a day or two! The painting of the bull of ox is really nice.

Lin Floyd said...

During my grand daughter's visits, we've been looking at art museums and today I'm providing an oil painting class for my guest visitor!

Val said...

The sunflowers are my first choice, then the lemon and flowers, lastly the teapot. Fantastic chalk art. Seems a bit sad to me that they will be washed away in the rain. Remember how Mary Poppins and Bert jumped into the chalk paintings. I loved that scene.

ivy walker said...

We have an artswalk every month as well.... I think my favorite is the sidewalk art (at ours anyway).

Gail said...

Wonderful art.

That bull looks ready to charge.

William Kendall said...

Of the trio, I like the painting on the left.

Rebecca said...

Beautiful chalk art! I like the sunflower painting.

The Yum List said...

The sidewalk art is impressive.

bailey-road.com said...

Love those sidewalk chalk drawings.

Mike said...

My vote goes for the sunflowers.

Old Egg said...

Viewing art is very rewarding, owning it even better. It is sad that stunning pavement art is so transitory. This is a great post.

Janie Junebug said...

There was a Friday night art walk in St. Augustine. We couldn't go. I wanted to go. Waaaaaah.

Love,
Janie

Gwen said...

some really talented artists!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anita said...

Truly wonderful, Linda!
I love them all :)

Anita said...

Truly wonderful, Linda!
I love them all :)

Patricia said...

I love the painting with the big sunflower, Linda. The chalk art is amazing, I love it when we see it in our travels in various cities.

Amy at love made my home said...

What wonderful pieces!! xx

Tom said...

Love chalk artists. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Josie Two Shoes said...

Wonderful indeed! I've been in some of the wonderful little shops in Fredericksburg, and want to max out my charge card! :-). I've never been to a chalk art festival, but I think the work is so amazing, and you have some great examples here. What a fun way to spend a Saturday, thank you for sharing!

Mary Hill said...

I love wondering in these type festivals. I loved the art and the beauty you captured.

Patricia said...

There are so many talented people out there. I think artists are brave peeps. They put their hearts out there for the world to see. Thanks for sharing your art walk.

Nicki said...

The sidewalk art is simply amazing - I can only imagine the added pressure of performing live versus in the privacy of a studio.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...