Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Yoki

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday!

Here's hoping some of you might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture, then write a short story or a poem about the picture.  When you have your story written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #24!

Here's my picture story for this week.


My name is Yoki. I was created by Linda Kay's friend, Judy, when she lived in Japan. I have a special place on top of the piano where I have a special view of all around the room. 

Yoki is the name that was chosen for me, as there was a very special lady who shared this name. She was actually from Okinawa, but her features and her style were much like what was created for me. Yoki married an American soldier and came to the United States much like me....transported to a foreign country. Her children were born and raised in the US, but it was always a challenge for Yoki to adapt to the American ways and learn the language. 

Take just a few minutes to notice my beautiful sarong and sash and my elaborate hair style. I'm old that Yoki wasn't quite this fancy, but her heart was full of love for her family and her friends. May she rest in peace.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Linda Kay  

13 comments:

Gosia k said...

Japanese woman looks nice

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She's beautiful and I love the story you made up to go with her. I have so many dolls and need to get creative and use my imagination. Sweet hugs, Diane

William Kendall said...

Quite intricate!

The Yum List said...

She is wearing a beautiful outfit - seems to be crafted with much care.

The Yum List said...

She is wearing a beautiful outfit - seems to be crafted with much care.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The story of the Japanese woman is delightful!

Romi C said...

Hello, Yoki.
Nice to meet you.

I don't know how your name is spelled in Japanese, but it has the same sound as an old Japanese word meaning 'good.' It is really a good name.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Yoki is beautiful, and must be a seamstress.

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful words and story and picture! I hope that all is going well in your new home. xx

Grantham Lynn said...

How cool. Nice story. I have something in mind. But still thinking.
See you tomorrow.

Kay said...

It is a sad story. Her outfit is not a sarong, but a kimono though. The sash is called an obi. :- )

Grantham Lynn said...

I'm sorry I didn't link yet. I was just too tired today. Work is just killing me. I'll try to write tomorrow. Thanks for the fun linky!

Mike said...

I hear learning english as a second language is hard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...