Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Fun

It's Friday! I'm joining in with Amy at Five on Friday and our usual Willy Nilly Friday Five to share some thoughts with you today. 

1. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm back up and running with my Wi-Fi and Internet, so am delighted about that. It's been so difficult to have the time to get in to see all of you fellow bloggers, so I feel like I've been on vacation from blogging. Since we are like three football fields away from a direct tower, we are able to connect to the signal without using any cable connection. This delights me to no end, because I've had an ongoing battle with the cable company to get their service. Now I don't need them. TV will be installed with a dish today.

2. This is a view of my garage floor...fencing materials in front of boxes of stuff still to be unpacked. And this was only the beginning of what we needed to build the fence! You will remember the GTO from previous posts...it is safely inside the garage while our regular vehicle is sitting out in the hot sun and weather.

3.

Gutterman (company) installing the gutters on the back side of the house. The Company is working with the landscaper to address drainage issues to prevent runoff from the yard.

4.

Those steel pipes sticking into the back yard are the structure for the fencing that is going up. The other fence is our neighbor's back yard. We ran some piping between their fence and ours to drain water away from our back yard, as theirs slopes toward us. But we are putting a gate right where their gate is, so we can go back and forth. Sort of a wine trail!

5.

The living room is all set up, but not much on the walls as yet. We are setting pictures around the house to see where they will eventually end up. The chest was brought over from Denmark by my husband's great grandfather, so it's pretty special. You can see my window into the kitchen, the fireplace is directly across from it, and the TV is mounted on the fireplace. To the right is our seating area in the kitchen. I'll share more picture of the new house as we get more things in place.

And just for fun from a Facebook post:
Have a great Friday

Linda Kay

27 comments:

Saucy Kodz said...

Coming together nicely. Love your furniture - love the house too. haha - good joke

eileeninmd said...

Hello, so happy that your internet is up and running. I love the fence with the arch! Your house looks so pretty. Have a happy weekend!

biebkriebels said...

That chest is very old, nice your husband inherited it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are getting settled! Your living room looks like a comfy place to rest! I love old trunks but all of ours have been acquired with no history that we know of but I often wonder:)

Tabor said...

The fact that you can post a joke shows you are moving on the downside of this challenge. Lucky you for such a lovely home.

Blogoratti said...

Loads of improvement, still a long way but definitely better settled now. Have a joyful weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

glad you like your back-to-back neighbor!

Gwen said...

This is all so exciting! I'm very happy for you!

Amy at love made my home said...

Wow, you might have had a break from blogging, but you haven't had a break from anything else, you have been very busy!!! You have got so much done already! You must be excited to get the landscaping done and then you can sit and enjoy it all. I love the idea of the two gates! I hope that you get time to enjoy it all very soon. Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

Linda W. said...

Glad your internet is back up. Amazing how much we rely on that nowadays. Loved the joke at the end!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm glad you're internet is connected again. You have a lovely house, and a lot of happiness ahead!

William Kendall said...

Getting settled in takes a whole lot of time!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Linda, I don't know how you can joke at a time like this! :D Just the thought of moving ... ugh. But your new home is lovely. I envy you that wonderful heirloom.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I love the share from Facebook! Thanks for giving me a chuckle to start the day.

Gail said...

Looking great...and "miles to go before I sleep".

I love your fence.

Lilly's Mom said...

It's a lovely home you are creating. I love the chest, too.

Mike said...

I love lumber. The floor between those two piles looks like a great place to take a nap while cuddling a 2x4.

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah, I agree with Mike. I love lumber too. It smells like progress! :-) We have a stack of hardwood flooring in our garage where my car should be. But it's there with the hope of progressing to our upstairs. Have a great weekend and looking forward to fence pics!

Gosia k said...

your new house looks fantstic I love it especially chest is precious.. Have a nice wekend..

fishducky said...

It's going to be gorgeous!!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Oh, I don't envy you unpacking!! It's a chore. But a good chore...once settled in.

Still, so much work to be done, so little time.

LOVED the FB funny.

Lexa Cain said...

Your home is absolutely lovely! Yay for new gutters and fencing coming soon! Have a wonderful weekend and good luck on your projects!

Marie C said...

So much work!!! I know you will be thrilled when everything is completed. Love that you and your neighbor will have adjoining back yards!

DeniseinVA said...

Taking shape! It's going to look wonderful!

Cherdo said...

Everything is coming together so beautifully! I love your living room.

When I was a single Mom, I used to say that if a thief ever broke in while I was gone, I'd know by the sympathy card and money he'd leave on the table.

mamasmercantile said...

Its all coming together beautifully, the chest is a real delight stunning.

Kay said...

It's gotten so I'm lost if my Internet is down. I'm glad you're back on line again. Then again, maybe it's actually good to take a break away from technology for a while.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...