Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Photos

Joining in today with Amy for Five on Friday, the last for this month...next open in September. Be sure to join in for this fun meme.

You know I'm on vacation in Maine, right....now in our second week with two more weeks to go before we start back across country to Texas.

1. Visiting an art shop on the harbor in Camden...
Interesting stool with placement for the back of the seat? Think it's comfortable? 


Ship Captain sculpture - note the hair in the wind! Sort of reminds me of Pirates of the Carribean....

2. Had to make a stop at the Cellar Door Winery. Selections were two white and two reds to take back to the house with us.

3. Unusual bridge with an observatory at the top of one of the towers (Fort Knox Observatory - be sure to click on the link to find out why it's called Fort Knox when it's in Maine!). You can take an elevator up to look out.  Note that I said "you" could take an elevator up, as one would have to knock me out to drag me into that elevator!

We took our friends Mike and Sandie to enjoy the lobster at Young's Lobster Pound ... smiling faces!

5. My daughter and son-in-law and grandson will be here next week, and they are looking forward to renting kayaks. Heidi says I need to share one with her, but not sure my arms will hold out for the two-hour guided tour. Hmmm.  


I almost forgot my little cartoon from Facebook Friends for this week.

Have a wonderful weekend, my blogger friends. We are taking a boat tour to Monhegan to see the puffins and other wildlife today. We have also been to Bar Harbor and Acadia Nat'l Park for enjoyable day, so have those pictures to share as well. More from Maine next week!

Linda Kay

29 comments:

Revrunner said...

Love the cartoon! :-)

Tom said...

Looks like a great vacation, enjoy! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Gosia k said...

Lovely stool and it reminds me an owl. In European culture owl symbolises wisdom. Nice relax to waterfront.

Blogoratti said...

Really nice photos.

mamasmercantile said...

Interesting shaped stool, I do wonder how comfortable that would be. Have a great time with your daughter and her family and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

MELODY JACOBS said...

nice
lovely
new post:http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/07/green-with-envy.html

TexWisGirl said...

love that fun run. :) the seat reminds me of a tractor seat a bit. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, awesome times and great photos. Cute sculpture! I would love to be there to see the puffins. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Kailani said...

hahaha-that racing one is good! :)

bj said...

hahhaa...i'm so in love with that cartoon and can relate to it sooo much. LOL
So glad ya'll are having a good time. Looks like your friends enjoyed the meal.
Hope your weekend is going to be a really good one.
xoxo

DeniseinVA said...

Love these photos! Love that cartoon. Always wanted to go up to Maine to look around. It would be worth it for the lobster alone ;) and yes you would have to knock me out to get into that elevator too.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Maine Lobster, dripping with butter...oh be still my heart!!! Yum.

Great time you're having, and I'm enjoying stopping by to see what you've been doing.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

In my youth I always said instant gratification took too long. I'm glad I've slowed down a tetch.

Chris said...

Looks like you're enjoying your holiday..

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks chilly there! That lobster looks great! :)

whiteangel said...

Cold there by the clothes...
The art work is different...seems you are enjoying your holiday...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Only one way to find out about that chair...try it!

I had one of these for a long time. It was the best chair ever, once I got used to it. No lower back soreness, even if I was in it for hours without standing up.

P.S. Cartoon is great!
~

William Kendall said...

The bridge really stands out well!

Latane Barton said...

That cartoon was funny. My kind of race!!

fishducky said...

Bud & I LOVED Bar Harbor!!

Amy at love made my home said...

I love the funnies at the end of your posts! All such great things from Maine! The wine, a little browsing, family coming, what could be better than all of that!! You wouldn't get me up that tower either by the way! Thank you so much as always for joining in. Glad you remembered there will be no fiving in August, but back in September! Hope that you have a great weekend and a great August too! xx

Joan said...

Lovely photos and that cartoon really made me laugh. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

Mike said...

The zero-mile fun run makes me think of the 0.0 stickers I see on the back of cars.

The Yum List said...

Ooh look at those big red lobsters! Nope, that stool does not look too comfortable. ;-)

bailey-road.com said...

I like that ship's captain sculpture. I'm with you on going to the top of that tower. Sounds exciting to take a tour to see the Puffins.

Linda said...

Lovely photos, Linda, and the carton made me smile. :)

Cherdo said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....lobster....

The cartoon is perfect. I think I could do that race.

Marie C said...

Wonderful Maine vacation photos! Your funny was great!

Lexa Cain said...

It looks like you're having a great vacation. Lobsters! Yum! Have a wonderful time when your relatives come visit. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...