Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Update

Okay, so it's Thursday night, and we have landed at the La Quinta in Knoxville, TN for the night. We have really had wonderful traveling weather, and such a difference in scenery along the way.

 Across the remainder of Mississippi and Alabama, the highway looks pretty much the same (I-20). There are trees lining both sides of the highway, so you don't get to see much of the countryside to get wonderful pictures. Our drive took us onto I-59, I-24, I-75, I-40. These pictures were taken with the new little Cool Pix Nikon I bought my hubby for his birthday. I'm happy with the color and focus, and it zooms.

Always, road construction, but it didn't slow us down too much!
There's an invasive vine in some of the southern states called Kudzu.

Just about to take a turn into toward Chattanooga, TN, so we are beginning to see the mountains in the distance.
Mountains getting taller!
Since I hope to spend a bit more time writing while I'm in Maine, I am hoping this is not true of me! Thank heavens I have my blogger friends! :')

More updates to come! Tomorrow night in Pennsylvania.

Linda Kay 

21 comments:

Revrunner said...

Kudzu--the bane of the south. :-)

Saucy Kodz said...

Remember the olde line from the kids "Are we there yet?". I thought of that while reading todays update of your trip. How long before you are there anyways? lol

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful series from your road trip! I hope you get to do some writing in Maine, sounds like an awesome trip!
Safe travels and happy weekend!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

WElcome to Eastern Daylight Time! I hope your trip continues to go well ad you enjoy Maine.

Gosia k said...

Fascinating trip through US but the best with photo in the background

TexWisGirl said...

glad weather is cooperating.

Lin Floyd said...

never been in this part of the USA! Thanks for taking us along!

Mike said...

Kudzu and wild grape are tree killers.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's always exciting to see those Blue Ridge mountains! You're taking great photos with this camera! Safe travels...have fun! Hugs, Diane

whiteangel said...

Good to see some of the road you travelled...enjoy your stay.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I have 28 novels...yep...many more than I can count friends.

William Kendall said...

Great views, Linda!

Blogoratti said...

Really nice photos, nice scenery. Best wishes!

Gail said...

Beautiful scenery.

Kudzu is know as the plant that ate the south.

Enjoy

DeniseinVA said...

Loving your drive Linda Kay :)

Rose said...

Knoxville is not too far from where I was born and raised...what would we do without our blogger friends?

Gwen said...

I hope you continue to have a lovely drive! :)

Anvilcloud said...

You sure had some nice scenery.

Amy at love made my home said...

You sure are making great progress! xx

Rory Bore said...

the scenery is gorgeous!! Makes me want to take a road trip. Wishing you continued safe travels. :)

Nonnie said...

Kudzu! That stuff is baaaaad! I love it when you get into the mountains. I would love to see the Smoky Mountains again and stay for a while. So do you take your laptop with you to be able to download the pics from your camera and do your blog?
Enjoy this wonderful trip. Hope the weather is cooler up north.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...