Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Random

Where to start? Here are some things to share with you on this Monday morning. How about that fence. Well, we have it all stained to protect the finish, starting on Saturday, then early on Sunday morning. Here's the street side of the fence that I posted a picture of earlier:

And just so you can compare the before and after, here's the back yard fence. Note our neighbor's beautiful crepe myrtle trees! I'm so excited about how the fence is coming out!


Jerry and I laughed about the painting of the fence. Remember the Karate Kid and Mr. Miagi's painting the fence assignment?

Grandson Carson attended baseball at Aggie Camp at Texas A & M (where his dad attended college). Daughter Heidi sent me this video:
In May we attended our granddaughter Lexi's wedding to Tyler in Illinois. We just got this picture of the family:
Remember it was in a barn, thus the cowboy boots. From the left, Dalton, son of Tracy next, then son, Randy and Tracy's Daughter Grace, Son-in-law Charlie, with daughter Heidi and grandson Carson, Tyler and Lexi, daughter Angel (her mom) with her fiance Brian, granddaughter Kenze, granddaughter Macy, me and Jerry. 

A couple of pictures from inside my new house. The first is across the fireplace wall toward the front door and the dining room, the second is the little alcove in the master bedroom for the piano!



And finally a little humor, especially for those of you who are Texans.
Have a fabulous Monday. Joining in today with Tamar and Good Random Fun.

Linda Kay

27 comments:

Gosia k said...

your house is fantastic, well-organised and so spaciuos..Lovely place to live

Gosia k said...

your house is fantastic, well-organised and so spaciuos..Lovely place to live

Romi C said...

Your new house is wonderful, and the Texas humor makes me smile.
Have a great week!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I love your new house, it is beautiful. And the neighbor's crepe myrtle is gorgeous. Thanks for the Texas funnies and the laughs! Have a happy day and new week ahead!

"...E...", from VA, Beth said...

i love Karate Kid ... have not seen it in years. what a huge family ... i love shots like that. we need to see our big family again. it has been since '04 since we had a family shot like that. ( :

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I'm off to share your TX jokes on FB.

(I'm from El Paso)

Pride In Photos said...

The Texas jokes are a blast....from a Houstonian!

Lin Floyd said...

what a lovely new home...

Tamar SB said...

Enjoy your new home!

bj said...

A beautiful home...very very nice. :)
I like strawberries over peaches, too..:)
I love the Texas jokes...born and bred here in Texas and will die here...but not with my boots on. :) :)

fishducky said...

LOVE the piano alcove!!

Mike said...

My parents had a baby grand. I wish they hadn't sold it. Of course then my sister and I would have been fighting over it.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Your new home is lovely. That's such a nice wedding group! Texas sounds like a right friendly place!

William Kendall said...

The house is looking good!

Linda W. said...

Your new home looks lovely!

Tom said...

Many of your Texas jokes are right at home in small town America. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a lovely country wedding! Your fence is looking really good! That is one beautiful tree in your neighbors yard:)

Linda said...

Beautiful and heartwarming series of photos, Linda!

Amy at love made my home said...

Oh yes! I get the Texas jokes! Fence and house look great! xx

Anvilcloud said...

Ahh ... to stain or not to stain ... that is the question.

The Yum List said...

The fence is looking great, and ooh I do love a fireplace. Is it easy to get firewood? We used to live in the country so chopped our own. In the city in Australia it's extremely expensive though. Many people have 'fake' fireplaces that are fueled by gas as a cheaper option.

DeniseinVA said...

Everything is looking brilliant Linda Kay, great post!

Rose said...

I like the stain on the fence...and I like the looks of your new home. And that does look like a group of happy, fun loving people!

Tabor said...

You house is lovely and yes, I have lived in Texas.

Grantham Lynn said...

Great post. Great video. That was sweet of her to send.
Did I see boots under your skirt? I mean you are from Texas.
It is a beautiful photo and a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing.
XXOO

Michelle F said...

Linda Kay,

I love your house!!

I believe I'm moving to Texas :)

Gail said...

Oh, how beautiful! Every thing is falling right into place. Love that fence.

I think it's a cool idea to have a wedding in the barn. The bride is beautiful and very plainly pleased with the event.

Your Texas joke fits most people in Arkansas too. When a man hit a deer in front of me while i was going to work years agi, I helped him finish and field dress the deer. The meat packer (no, he did not know how to butcher one either) called me a few days later. The unknown gentleman had left me my part of the deer "we got". I help people in stores all the time! Maybe I'm from Texas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...