Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Thoughts

It's been a celebration weekend in Fredericksburg. We celebrated the life of our friend Henry, and his program for the ceremony included this wonderful "Am Always With You"

When I am gone, release me, let me go.
I have so many things to see and do,
You mustn't tie yourself to me with too many tears,
But be thankful we had so many good years.
I gave you my love, and you can only guess
How much you've given me in happiness.
I thank you for the love that you have shown,
But now it is time I traveled on alone.
So grieve for me a while, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by trust
That it is only for a while that we must part,
So treasure the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away for life goes on.
And if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me, I will be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear
And then, when you come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home".
Author Unknown

That was on Friday morning. Then on Saturday we celebrated the 4th of July Independence Day with flags and a parade. We didn't make it to the Friday Night Art Walk this month, so don't have pictures to share. We worked through the weekend on organizing all the rooms in our new home. We aren't there completely yet, but things are starting to look better. Hubby even got some pictures hung up!

When we were in Illinois I had a chance to meet up with all my cousins on my mother's side of the family, my tow sisters in law, and my special Aunt Glenna.

And traveling through Oklahoma, I took a picture of a bait vending machine, that I thought you might find amusing.

I'm in the library of the club house where we used to live, as they have graciously allowed me to use their internet until mine is up and running. So this week we are to have the internet and wi-fi on Wednesday and the tv hookup on Friday. Cross your fingers for me. I haven't had enough time to spend visiting all your blogs, so I'm sure I've missed out on lots of news and pictures. See you soon!

Linda Kay

20 comments:

biebkriebels said...

A busy weekend but you keep blogging.

Gosia k said...

it is going to be a busy week but have a great time

whiteangel said...

That's great you have somewhere to go and use the Internet. Good luck getting connected to your home...hope all goes well

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It sounds like a great gathering! I hope you get reconnected soon.

That was a very sweet poem!

Tabor said...

Moving is a HUGE change, but you seem to be weathering it well.

Anvilcloud said...

That is quite the hen party. I'm sure you all had a blast.

"...E...", from VA, Beth said...

a library club sounds fun. i guess a fun way to meet new folks. ( :

Mike said...

Oh look, a snack machine. Let's see what's in there.

Lin Floyd said...

interesting, showed the bait machine to hubby and he had to tell me the story of buying live minnows in Texas as a boy...lol!

Gail said...

So glad to know you're getting settled in.

Thanks for visiting.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Soon, you'll be all settled and comfortable in your home...and this past will be long forgotten. At least pushed far behind in your memory.

Live Bait? In a Vending Machine? Now I've heard of everything.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Soon, you'll be all settled and comfortable in your home...and this past will be long forgotten. At least pushed far behind in your memory.

Live Bait? In a Vending Machine? Now I've heard of everything.

Linda W. said...

My hubby would love that bait vending machine!

Tom said...

If I owned a bait business I would call it "Bubba's Bait." Tom The Backroads Traveller

William Kendall said...

A bait vending machine sounds entirely different!

The Yum List said...

Very touching poem.

Gwen said...

hang in there, and don't worry about 'us'...!

Grantham Lynn said...

Missed you. Hope all goes well with hook up. I hope your enjoying your new place. Have a great week. XXOO.

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful poem! I have never heard of a bait vending machine, very interesting!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The poem is very touching. And I hope you get your home organized and everything working like you want. I've enjoyed your story today. I have so many photos that could be a story but I'm not a good story teller like you. Sweet hugs, Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...