Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Movin' WWW

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday!

Here's hoping some of you might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise.  When you have your story written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #26!

The picture for this week reminded me of Moving....Moving on, moving up, moving in, moving forward, etc.
"Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard."   Dave Mustaine
I recently created a story about Judy, who was facing divorce from her husband and attempting to move on. When she had a chance to reconcile with him, she was faced with a whole new set of decisions and adjustments. 

"Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals". LL Cool J
This reminds me so much of where my granddaughters are now in their lives. The last one has just graduated from high school and is looking at going to college. The middle one is out of high school and working while going to college part time at the local college. She has a steady boyfriend. The oldest granddaughter is now married. Her husband will be taking an assignment to dental school in December, and she will be moving with him to “who knows where”, getting a job to help support them while he attends medical school. So many challenges and dreams to fulfill!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."  Walt Disney   Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes
So here we are in our new home, opening new doors and doing new things. As for the barn in the picture, it has obviously been left behind by some family moving on to bigger dreams and leaving the old barn behind. The old barn looks kind of sad from their parting, but I hope they have found better things.
Now it's your turn. Find a picture, write up a story, a poem or observations. Post it to your blog and then come back and link in for Wednesday! This is the first day of our trip to Maine, and we will be in Vicksburg Mississippi tonight. I'll be back in touch!
Linda Kay

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, great post and quotes. I wish all the best to both of your granddaughters. And I know you are enjoying your new home. I think we all have some kind of goals to reach. Have a happy day!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Best wishes in your new home; and to your granddaughters in dealing with their decisions and lives!

Grantham Lynn said...

Great post. Great quotes. Great thoughts. I think the barn is cool and sad at the same time. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day.

Latane Barton said...

Good Morning, Linda Kay. Love it that I found this new Wednesday Wit and Wisdom. Great idea and I hope more participate soon. My daughter Marie and I are joining today. At least she said she was... and I did. Good luck.

Marie C said...

First of all, thank you, Linda Kay, for this awesome new meme! I am looking forward to participating and I appreciate you coming up with the idea and hosting it! Yes, well, I am three hours later than anyone on the east coast so it's 8 am for me and 11 for Mom (saw her comment above! :-) ) so it takes me a little longer to link in. Your words were welcomed and so true...we all keep moving to new things as we live. It is part of life, often frightening, often a challenge, always interesting! Loved how my story actually had the same theme as what you wrote! A fun coincidence! Hope others will be joining in soon as well!

William Kendall said...

The old barn has a lot of character to it!

Gosia k said...

lovely place

Mike said...

You need a vacation from your new house already?

Grantham Lynn said...

Hi. I tried to link but it wouldn't work. I'll try later.
Hope you had a great day. XXOO

The Yum List said...

Have to keep moving and changing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...