Friday, August 28, 2015

The New House

Many have been asking for pictures of our new home, so today I'm going to post some and show you around. You can click on any of these to expand them, if you want a closer look.
The first two are of progress with the landscaping. You can see that some steps and rocks have been added to the patio, and the little bobcat is moving big rocks to make a terrace on the side yard. They are making lots of dust and dirt!


This is the living room. Outside these windows is the back patio. The two deer head mounted are hubby's treasures. His dad shot these in South Dakota over 50 years ago. The two prints between them are of minks - Audubon prints.


This is looking from the living room and fireplace toward my blue front door.


Master bedroom.


Through the kitchen from the garage door, again looking out to the back patio. Love the island and I have lots of cabinets. Pantry is on the right. The archway looks out into the living room (you can see the deer head).


The breakfast area from the kitchen.
The cabinet belonged to my hubby's grandmother, oak with curved glass.


Dining room, looking toward the front window of the house. Note the gray ceiling tray. Artwork is a collection of various prints.


Again from the dining room into the living room on the wall that is shared with the kitchen.


The landscape work continues even as I write this, and they are making some headway with the flower beds and rock. We will have almost no grass, except for the back yard, choosing to do xeroscape with some native plants in various spots. I'm very aware of water shortages and the need to preserve water, so we have a 500 gallon retention tank and the rock yard.

Hope you enjoyed the tour, and have a wonderful weekend!

Linda Kay

27 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That looks very nice, all new and you look already very settled. Congratulations with the new home.

knitbakecultivate said...

Its a lovely house Linda, Love the high ceilings, thanks for the tour. You must be looking forward to the landscaping being finished.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Linda, your new house is beautiful. I enjoyed the tour. I know you will be happy when the landscaping is done and will just be able to enjoy your new place. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Anvilcloud said...

It's quite the house. Congratulations.

The Furry Gnome said...

Enjoyed seeing where you live. It looks very well arranged inside, like you've been living there for years!

Lea said...

Very nice!
New house, but a lot of history in the furnishings.
May you have many happy years there!
Lea

whiteangel said...

How lovely is your house...I do like it..
Looking forward to seeing the finish from the outside...thanks for sharing, it's been a pleasure to see.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Linda, it's gorgeous! Can't believe how quickly you've settled in. It's been decades since I've moved, but I remember it took us ages to get things on the walls and have it look like we actually lived there.

Amy at love made my home said...

It is a beautiful home!! The garden is going to be lovely too when it is done I am sure, I will be interested to see and hear about the sorts of plants that you will be using. Hope that you are very happy here for many years! xx

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congratulations on your new home, Linda. The blue door is quite splendid.
~

Gail said...

What a beautiful place!

I love your quilt. Well, I loved the whole house. I like that you have mixed history with your present, that makes it a home, I think. Every thing I have has a story, even the rocks!

If you need some springs for grass, I have plenty. It's tough and even in the drought has been doing wonderfully. Actually teasing because I am spending so much time trying to clear around here.

Your home is very beautiful and comfortable feeling. I like that.

TexWisGirl said...

really like the archways!!!

Kailani said...

what a lovely home, and your yard areas are going to be so peaceful and pretty! Congrats!

Revrunner said...

Like the ceilings! Hate the dust. :-)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Your new home is beautiful, Linda Kay, and you have decorated it fabulously! Great master bedroom!

Gosia k said...

Linda in my opinion your house is fantastic, spacious and comfortable. Looks like a great place to live..

fishducky said...

Love the blue front door!!

Lexa Cain said...

What an exquisite home you have! My mom used to collect quilted bedspreads like the one you have. I love that your home is so full of color, space, and light. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! :)

William Kendall said...

It's a beautiful home, Linda!

Mike said...

When is the rock fence going up in the front yard?

Rain Trueax said...

It looks like a very warm and inviting house. How fun to create the landscaping just as you want.

Tom said...

Xeroscape has to be a big thing im Texas! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a lovely home! I enjoyed seeing the photos I hope your yard ends up just the way you want it:)

Lin Floyd said...

lovely home, enjoy!

Cherdo said...

Your home is just beautiful, Linda, and I love your decorating. So tasteful and lovely. Keep doing yard pictures, I need the inspiration!

Have a great weekend, girl!

orchid Miyako said...

Dearest Linda; OMG, what a fabulous new house♡♡♡ I'm really happy for you, so spacious and deer heads your husband's treasures are proudly mounted(^_^)v
Sure is the dream western style house☆☆☆

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako* 

Cynthia said...

I enjoyed the tour. Your new house looks beautiful and comfortable and I hope you make many happy memories there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...