Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Accepted Love

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday! Can you believe it is September?!

Here's hoping some of you, my faithful readers, might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise.  When you have your story written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #33!

My picture this week is the inspiration for my newest book, hopefully published in the next couple of months. The picture is one of three in a frame given to my grandmother for her wedding shower in 1916. The artist is C. Clyde Squires, a pulp artist back in the day, and the title is "accepted love". Since all of these pictures in the frame are very vintage, my plan is to turn these pictures into a more modern depiction of life in our current times. The new book is entitled "Out of the Darkness". My friend and fellow blogger, Janie Junebug, is working on the edit. I' also joining Grantham Lynn at My Journey Back for the Linky Party. See what other fun links have joined in!



Carol Braun is forced to face the trauma of her past when she becomes a victim of violence. Many miles away, Jeff Lipton is victimized by a beautiful but devious woman, nearly threatening his business. The experiences have left them suspicious and wary of relationships until they find each other and finally experience accepted love.

This is kind of an unusual approach to my Wednesday Wit and Wisdom, telling a story of the picture. 

But now it's your turn. Find a picture that speaks to you, write a story about it in your blog, then link back to share with others at this website. Thanks in advance for joining in!

Linda Kay


21 comments:

Grantham Lynn said...

Excited about your new book. I'd love to review! I linked today.
It's a little dark but hopefully will be helpful to someone.
Hope you have a good day.

Anita said...

It's great when love is accepted :)
Interesting story.
Thanks for the invite. Have linked my story here!
Wow! looking forward to your book, Linda!
Best wishes in advance!

Carola Bartz said...

How wonderful that your next book will be published soon. I'm quite excited for you! Your writing is beautiful and I hope there's a chance that we can read your book.

Marie C said...

Best wishes for a successful book! How exciting! Love the theme.

Abhishek Ghosh said...

loved the theme.... posted my story... and best of luck for your upcoming book

Lexa Cain said...

I think the picture's lovely, and I really liked the feelings you got from it and explained in your story! :)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Finding love and accepting love requires a receptive heart and a willingness to risk.

William Kendall said...

Congratulations on the book!

Amy at love made my home said...

I didn't know you were writing another book! I look forward to hearing all about it! xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love to read your stories but I haven't been very good at writing any down lately. Enjoy your day my friend. Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

PS I'm excited about your new book too! Well done my friend. Hugs!

Gosia k said...

lovely story with photo

The Yum List said...

Wow Linda, it must be an amazing feeling to publish a book!

The Yum List said...

Wow Linda, it must be an amazing feeling to publish a book!

Mike said...

Any contact with another human is risky.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Actually publishing a book must be awesome!

Rory Bore said...

love the vintage picture! what great inspiration.
and it seems like you have used that inspiration very well.. a great start to a story. I am a sap for romance! :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Nice pic and story, best of luck with your new book, Linda!
~

Linda said...

I am so happy for you about your new book, Linda!!! :)

Cherdo said...

Wonderful news, Linda!

Ira said...

The story reminds me of THE BEATLES song 'If I Fell'. Some bruises are deeper than what we see. Loved the story. Also, congratulation on the upcoming book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...