Thursday, September 24, 2015

Country Club

Guess What? It's Thursday again, and time for a few more fence pictures to share with Theresa at Good Fences. This meme has been around for some time, and it always gives me a challenge to find something new to post.

We were driving through the countryside on our way back from Carson's baseball practice out at a friends ranch. The first fence is the standard rail fence that is really of no use except to maybe mark the boundary line for the property, and look like the countryside.



This fence at the corner of a subdivision serves to mark the boundary for the house behind it, maybe a bit of sound barrier from the road, and host the beautiful sign for the name of the subdivision. It's also more of a gray color, and the partitions are set up to adjust to the grade of the hill.


The last one is more just for decoration, and I apologize that it's a bit fuzzy. It was starting to rain, so I took it on the run. The building and fence are part of the Fair Oaks Country Club where my son-in-law and daughter were taking us for dinner. Nice place!




I couldn't resist this video about the "Country Club", Travis Tritt.




Have a great Thursday, and take a few minutes to check out others who have entered fences on the meme.

Linda Kay

21 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Definitely a nice find!

Grantham Lynn said...

Great post. It is a challenge here to find fences too.
Have a great Thursday.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great fence finds. I hope you had a great dinner with your family. I like Travis Tritt's music. Have a happy day!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, These are some neat pics for Good Fences. The one in the middle is pretty serious and I agree with you, I'll bet it is a good sound barrier. Thanks for posting and sharing. You know, I love the name of your blog. "Senior Adventures" is great and always gets me thinking about what my next adventure should be. My last one was a little cruise up to Alaska to end up the summer. Hope you will check out my pictures! http://john-s-island.blogspot.com/2015/09/alaska-2015.html Take care down there in the Lone Star State!

Linda W. said...

I like the brick fence. Looks very decorative!

William Kendall said...

The fence in the first shot can be found at many rural areas here as well.

Revrunner said...

Fuzzy or not, best of the bunch.

Lin Floyd said...

I like country fences...

Cloudia said...

Good catch!









ALOHA
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=


TexWisGirl said...

3 different kinds, all for good uses. :)

Paula said...

Nice fences.

Gosia k said...

wide variety of fences but nice

Ida said...

All 3 look like very fine fences.

Mike said...

The last fence is a combination of the first two.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The split-rails won't stop Bambi or other critters, but they have a comforting feel.
~

Lea said...

Nice fences!

Hilary said...

beautiful!

Karen S. said...

Ooh la la! I'll take fence number two!

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Great fence captures- from country to city! Hope you had a nice dinner.

Rory Bore said...

I love just your basic split rail wood fence. simple and almost always a great foreground to a natural country setting. Especially if it's an older fence that is a bit weather beaten.
the country club one is very nice though too.

Kailani said...

LOVE rustic fences. Thanks for sharing, and putting a smile on my face. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...