1. The back side of our shadow box fence was put in place, making the new boards stand out since they weren't yet stained. In addition, hubby built some brackets to mount some lattice work for vines he intends to plant. These were made of treated lumber, which of course did not match the cedar.
So my job was to first stain the braces a "red cedar" to get them closer to matching the stained fence, then to finish staining the new boards that show up in between the stained boards. I found a nifty little stain sprayer to do the job, and really finished pretty quickly. Just have to now add the lattice work to two more places on the fence.
2. My older daughter decided we needed some retail therapy, so we drove to San Marcos to the discount mall to go to our favorite stores: Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, and Soma. We filled up the cart....actually she filled up most of it. She was on a mission, and I was just along for the ride to spend some time with this very busy lady!
3. Remember by unhappy visit to the new dentist, and then my follow up on Monday about my real dentist? Well, the article that told about his harrowing experience and the loss of part of his leg also said he would be open for business this week. So I called and left a message to tell him I'd sure like his opinion on what I needed done. Needless to say, he thought I need much less work, and at a much more reasonable price, bless his heart. I already have a temporary crown in place. He has a great sense of humor. I mentioned that he had lost weight. He said he lost some in the hospital and then sixteen pounds when they took his leg. He is really getting along well, and a prosthesis is being made.
4. Part of our landscaping will be completed with mulch in the planting beds and around some of the rock. Since the city won't let the landscaper put anything in the street, they had to deposit it on my driveway until they could get it dispersed into the beds.
5. We called our friend Coleen to see if she would like to go to the movie with us to see "A Walk In the Woods" with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte.
The story line is great and the acting is pretty good, being that Robert Redford is in it, but I think he needs to retire. Nick Nolte makes the movie. RR is not the heart throb he once was, for sure, and his lines left something to be desired. Just a nice movie then off to Burger Burger here in town for a great hamburger with onion rings and sweet potato fries.
And for all my writer friends out there, I thought I'd share this with you as well.
Joining in with Amy at Five on Friday, and Tanya at Willy Nilly Friday 5. Be sure to check others random Friday thoughts!
Have a wonderful weekend!