Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ginger

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday! September is fading fast!

Here's hoping some of you, my faithful readers, might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise.  When you have your blog written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #36!
(Photo taken by permission)

Little Ginger, face so fair
Against that crop of auburn hair.
You look so sad there watching me
Snapping a photo for the world to see.

Those of you who are real poets are welcome to add some thoughts to this in your comments. I'd love for you to add to the poem.  I couldn't resist this little Raggedy Ann for my Wednesday picture post. 

Linda Kay

Now it's your turn. Find a picture to post to your blog, then write a story or a poem about it and link back here to share with others. I can't wait to see what you write!



17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, love the cute poem and Little Ginger is a cutie! Have a happy day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

that's a cutie patootie

Carola Bartz said...

What a cute little girl, but I agree, she does look a little bit sad.
I'm not a real poet, so I can't add to this. I think that poetry is one thing you can only write in your mother tongue, so I pass.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Such a serious look on that little girl!

Mike said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm not a poet
unlike you.

Tom said...

Her coloring is like my little Emma.

William Kendall said...

A cute kid and a good poem.

I added a link over at my post today about Beaux-Arts architecture.

fishducky said...

Ginger girl, I hear you say,
"Won't you please just go away?"
You look like that when you grows
You'd like to punch me in the nose!!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Gorgeous child - very nice sentiment, Linda Kay. What, indeed was she thinking?

Gail said...

Adorable

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Oh, I love this! I swear: I am planning to join you here soon. The hot months are so busy! Too much yard work and chores.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh my, she's a cutie with that gorgeous red hair, and your poem is perfect. I'm afraid I'm not much for poetry anymore, although I used to give it a try now and then.

Cynthia said...

That. Hair! She is adorable. Does red hair run in your family?

The Yum List said...

What a cutie! Nice to read some poetry as a change.

Rory Bore said...

this is the sweetest ever!! I love the poem that goes along.

Gail said...

I linked but I kinda over did the picture part!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Mascha said...

Who are you, Mistress?
If you pass well and how long
I have still to wait?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...