Friday, September 18, 2015

People on Friday.

Some people observations:



1. Have you ever met up with an absolutely impossible person? When I was walking Polly one evening this week, I was in the street, but she was walking on some paving blocks along the curb of the road. Not in the grass, mind you. A guy came busting out his front door, "I want you to keep your dog off my property!" To which I replied "She's not in the grass." He came further toward the edge of his porch, "Are you going to stand there and argue with me?" I said, "No, just saying I always pick up after my dog." He said,"Those paving stones are also my property and I don't want your dog on them! Stupid people!", and he walked back into his house. I was in shock, and really angry. The next day I as thinking of how the city really owns the first four feet of his driveway, and he scared me so bad I thought maybe I should talk to the police about him, but finally decided that I was wasting too much of my precious time on an idiot!

2. A new neighborhood friend mentioned that she was really pleased with the product of our landscaping and asked for the name and phone number of our contractor so she could call him. So nice to get a compliment.

3.
We received an email from our friends from camping days to let us know the place where they were going and there were motel rooms available at the site. Would we be able to join them? For sure we made a reservation and will spend a couple of days with our camping friends, cooking out, enjoying some fruits of the vine, and sharing some laughs later this month.

4. My hubby suggested that we go for a walk last evening, even though it was almost dark. 

We were able to observe this beautiful deer just beyond the street lamp, probably foraging on someone flowers! It was nice to be able to enjoy the cooler air of the evening on a peaceful walk with my Sweetie.








5. What's with a big increase in the number of spam posts? I had gone a long time without getting too many of these, now all of a sudden there are several each day. We can delete these, but they are annoying! Stop it, already.

My Friday post would not be complete without a picture from my Facebook friends;
This is for all of you who post about the frustrations of trying to lose or at least control weight issues. Love yourself just the way you are today. Worry about that after the weekend! Have a special Friday and fun weekend all.

Linking in with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Five on Friday. Thanks for hosting, ladies!

Linda Kay

23 comments:

Lea said...

Idiots are everywhere. Once you know who they are, it is best to avoid them if possible.
Like the cute kittens!
Have a great week-end!
Lea

Revrunner said...

An estimated 18.2 percent of American adults are said to suffer from some kind of mental illness.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, with some people you are better off just ignoring them. The camping sounds like a fun time. I love the deer and the cute kitties. Wishing you a Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

He was wrong, of course. But he sounds like he's not worth arguing with. Those kind of people are naturally bullies.

eclectichomelife said...

Gosh he sounds awful, best to keep away. Lovely to see the deer on the walk too. x

Linda said...

Great Friday post! Enjoy your weekend. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

Anvilcloud said...

I often wonder if folks like that are ever really happy. I also wonder how much fun they are to live with.

Maggid said...

you have so many terrific stories today - it speaks highly of you - that your friends would invite you on vacation . . . . wonderful

Tom said...

#1 Perhaps you would be interested in my new CSI (Can't Stand Idiots) tee shirts.
#2 Yes it is.
#3 Cute.
#4 I had a "date" with my wife yesterday.
#5 I'm lucky, I don't get them.
I have a Hawaiian who is a big boy and he uses this line.
Tom The Backroads Traveller

Tanya Breese said...

number 3 made me laugh...and wow, i'm sorry that man was so rude to you..that was completely uncalled for...thank you for linking and have a great weekend :)

Vinod Tomar said...

hotel golden height gangtok,
flights from limerick to Interlaken,
flights from killarney to kerala,
cheapest holiday packages,
kerala tour packages booking,
Kerala is the most famous state for tourism adventurous. In the state Kerala famous city Kochi , which isformerly known as Cochin, is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. The city is one of the principal seaports of the country and is located in the district of Ernakulam, about 220 kilometres (137 mi) north of the state capital, Thiruvananthapuram. It has an estimated population of 600,000, with an extended metropolitan population of about 1.5 million, making it the largest urban agglomeration and the second largest city in Kerala after the capital.

cheapest tour,
hotel himalayan heights,
flights from killarney to cochin.

mamasmercantile said...

Don't waste any effort on people like that, just walk away with your dignity intact, arguing with him is bringing you down to his level, the gutter! Have a great camping trip.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Spam, oh dear. It lasts awhile then usually disappears.
As for that man....Silence is Golden.
Love those cats.
What a good one from the Minions, loved that and it's true.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh no, that was a very unpleasant experience for you and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Not so long ago I had a similar situation. We were meeting up with a friend at their house and to access it we entered a private road, though we had parked at the bottom on a public road as we had been told that parking spaces were limited to owner's vehicles. A woman literally charged out of her gate and told us, no yelled at us, that this was a private road and she was tired of people walking up and down it thinking they owned the place, she went on and on about being entitled to her privacy, frankly we were flabbergasted and didn't have time to react much as we were totally stunned by her bullying behaviour. When our friend came down as she had heard her neighbor going on, it took the wind out of the neighbor's sales when she realized we had been invited. I was thinking, afterwards that if she had acted like that to more volatile people, it might have turned into a very ugly situation. Some people eh? Glad it was counterbalanced by that nice new neighbor's compliment. Sounds like the rest of your week was a pleasant one, glad for that :)

TexWisGirl said...

sorry about the unfriendly neighbor but glad you have others that are nicer to offset his surliness.

Chris said...

What a horrible sounding man.. and I laughed at your definition of camping, but it's true!!

Mike said...

I get occasional spam but blogger picks them off and puts them in my spam box.

As far as property lines go, typically the right of way continues 10 feet from the edge of the pavement. You then have room for a 5 foot wide sidewalk and a 5 foot wide grass strip between the road and sidewalk. So the grass strip is in the right of way. But there will be an ordinance somewhere the 'encourages' you to take care of it.

Ida said...

#1 - Well he had some nerve but very little class.
#2 - Yes it does make you feel good when someone notices your hard work to make your lawn/home look nice.
#3 - My idea of Camping is most certainly a motel room. - Have fun with your friends.
#4 - How neat to go for a walk and spot a deer while on the walk.
#5 - I get spam but most goes right into a spam folder and I just empty the entire folder at once. It is annoying to get spam messages.

Cute ending with those kitties.

William Kendall said...

Oh boy, it appears a spammer actually got past the filters above, Linda!

I would use a different term for absolutely impossible people like that, but it requires words that the Sisters Of Little Or No Mercy would not approve of!

Amy at love made my home said...

What a shame about that rude neighbour. Some people really do amaze me! I hope that you don't see him again. At least you have had other good things to focus on instead of him. As for the spam I find it comes and goes and I just press delete and it disappears thankfully, but it is annoying isn't it. I love your idea of camping in the motel, I could do that! Thank you for joining Five on Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend!!! Sorry to be late visiting, we have been away and just got back today. xx

Rose said...

I could tell you the line my husband says about people like that, and while I don't talk that way and neither does he as a general rule, it is certain one that fits. That #1 upsets me just hearing about it...he does sound like a psycho...I loved the minion about camping...

Lin Floyd said...

sounds like he was having a bad day...

Gosia k said...

in each coerner of the world are people who are stupid and crazy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...