Monday, September 7, 2015

We have grass!!

Joining in for Monday Good Random Fun

Our sod has been laid and we are now watering it to keep it alive until it roots. This first picture is looking from the patio to the back gate, noting hubby's flower bed set up for planting. The gate at the end of the yard has to stay out until the tree is planted back there in probably January.


The next picture is the left side of the yard, where sweet hubby plans to build his shed with a pergola in the front of it (that's why the stones are laid out there...not permanent).


No longer have to take Polly out to the neighbors' yards for her morning ritual! 


Random: You might remember my tyrade about the dentist on Friday....that was a new dentist, as my dentist was for some reason unavailable, and his answering machine sent me to the new one. Well, I found out what had happened to the good doctor. There is an article in the Fredericksburg Standard about his loss of a leg to a flesh-eating bacteria, contracted in the Gulf. He evidently had a spider bite on his ankle, had noted that the water wasn't very salty, and neglected to wear his waders to go fishing. You can read more of the story here. He agreed to the article so other would be aware of the dangers. Yikes! Pretty scary!

Fun: Bought these cute little tangerines at the store, so we have fruit on display and at the ready for a snack instead of chocolate!


And another cute quote from my Facebook Friends:

Life is great...Have a really special week, my friends, and for you in the States, an enjoyable Labor Day.

Linda Kay

29 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, life is great! I love your cute Polly. That is scary what happened to your dentist. The yard looks great with the new sod. Have a happy new week!

Revrunner said...

How awful for your dentist. I do hope he is able to return to work soon.

biebkriebels said...

What a terrible story about your dentist. Your doggie will be pleased to run atound in its own garden now.

Anvilcloud said...

Your poor dentist.

Tamar SB said...

Enjoy the new sod! Polly is so adorable!

The Furry Gnome said...

your yard looks like it will be very nice!

Blogoratti said...

That's a great quote.

whiteangel said...

Your grass looks good. We call that instant lawn, because it's laid in strips.
Your little dog is cute :)
Your dentist...have heard of the flesh eating disease, just awful.

Mike said...

Life is great.

Lin Floyd said...

grass looks good...always something to do for a new home!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Best wishes to your dentist!

Your new lawn is lovely!

jandi said...

Hoorah for grass! And love the seenager piece!

Gail said...

Looking great.

Beth from VA, . . ."E" said...

happy Monday! we had sod once, it did not last. ( ;

Amy at love made my home said...

Yay for the grass! Sorry to hear about your dentist, some of these things can be really terrible, and are sadly not as rare as we might think. xx

TexWisGirl said...

yay for you! terrible for your dentist!

Gosia k said...

you are lucky to have grass

The Yum List said...

It's lovely to have your own piece of yard. I'm afraid I've been living in apartments for the last 20 years. I miss the space.

Cynthia said...

Your yard is going to be lovely soon. Goodness, your poor dentist.

Jim said...

Great post, Linda. I removed your comment on my blog today by accident. I'm so sorry. Thanks for being a regular commenter on my blog. I hope you can come back and comment again. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your grass looks great. Such a sad story about your Dentist, he is lucky to be alive:)

Carola Bartz said...

Scary story about your dentist!
I love the idea of the pergola - that sounds lovely! I hope your grass will make it. Here people get paid if they rip out their lawn due to the drought. I took mine out when we bought this house, and the one in the back is dead. I will eventually turn it into a drought tolerant garden, just like the front. I hope you had a good Labor Day weekend.

Janie Junebug said...

Re: the grass: Hallelujah! Re: the dentist: Poor dentist.

Love,
Janie

DeniseinVA said...

A lot of hard work going on in your garden but it must be so rewarding to see it all take shape. Your dentist's story is horrifying. Poor man!

Patricia said...

Love that Seenager list - yep, that's us, too. A lot of work, making a new garden, but you are making great progress. Your poor dentist - that is scary!

Val said...

Yay, I'm a seenager, too. Your yard is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see how it looks by next summer. I am a big fan of pergolas but I can't convince my husband to add one to our landscaping.

William Kendall said...

Polly looks happy!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congrats on the new grass! Sorry to hear about your dentist's leg, that is scary!
~

Cherdo said...

Your yard is looking great!

Lost his leg to a flesh eating bacteria? Oh, Lord, that is my nightmare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...