Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Migration

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday! September is fading fast!

Here's hoping some of you, my faithful readers, might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise.  When you have your blog written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #40!



We sit here huddled
Our feet upon the fence boards
Ready to take flight.

Our tummies are full
For the long flight south ahead
Where we will find warmth.

Keep feeders full
To help meet our needs today
And yet tomorrow.

My first real attempt at a haiku, so comments are welcome. Now it's your turn. Find a picture, write a story or a poem as a writing exercise. Post it to your blog, then link in to share with others. 

Linda Kay

17 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Resting chickadees
Honored by your nice haiku
Twitter happily.

eileeninmd said...

Cute poem and I love the photo. Have a happy day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I get that many squirrels hanging around my feeders :O)

Nonnie said...

I like your poem and love watching the birds at the feeder. I also enjoy watching them on the wires as I sit at traffic lights. I notice how they all sit and face the same direction and move over to make room for other birds flying in to join them. Then they all shift to the other direction. 😀

Gail said...

Nice. We have seen a few ducks flying south. I think this may be a stronger winter than usual.

Thanks for visiting. My poem was fiction.

Tom said...

I wish that I had a way with words!

Banana Oil said...

Nice haiku!

Gosia k said...

lovely birds on the fence

William Kendall said...

Quite a crowd, Linda!

Rory Bore said...

Great job!! I love them.
I have not written a haiku myself in a long long time... now I'm inspired!

The Yum List said...

I'm enjoying your poetry pieces. I don't read much poetry and so like your little spoons of it.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Nice poem..has left me wondering aa poems often do..

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very nice! I love your stories too. Enjoy your week my friend. Hugs, Diane

Mike said...

Instead of the gathering hole, it's a gathering pole.

Mascha said...

How lovely!
Sorry, I'm not always in the mood for writing and often I haven't the time (because in English it takes more time than in Germnan)
Have a nice weekend.

Wish, I would hav more space to doing creative things!

Ida said...

Very nice Haiku and your photo is so charming.

Linda said...

Lovely poem, Linda, and the birds are so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...