Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Fog at Sea

Here's a chance to practice writing skills, my faithful readers, by joining me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise. When your blog us ready, link up for others to read. Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #42!



Morning fog settled
No ships could sail forth today
Until it lifted.

Silence filled the air
Shrouding mysteries in boats
Waiting to move out.

Stories could be told
From each boat anchored there
Of sea adventures.

Today is quiet.
No yarns to spin adventure
Tales of days gone by.

What yarns can you spin? Got a picture with story? Join in with a writing exercise today. It's your turn!

Linda Kay


15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful capture of the sailboat and fog. The poem is perfect for the photo, well done! Enjoy your day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

love da fog

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Great pictures and poetic visions of the fog!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

The two words "shrouding mysteries" are a wonderful picture painted. I LOVE fog.

Marie C said...

Awesome photo and poem, Linda Kay! I love this meme and hope others will join in!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, A very neat write up. Well, you know I love anything maritime and, as for fog, yes, it happens here in Seattle. :-)

fishducky said...

Had the perfect haiku
In mind. Now it's forgotten.
Damn you, ADD!!

Tom said...

Reminds me of Carl Sandburg's poem, "Fog."

William Kendall said...

The fog gives this a timeless feel.

TexWisGirl said...

very nice.

The Yum List said...

That photo reminds me of an old poem - I can't think of the words at the moment but I recall the meaning and the setting looks just like what I had imagined in my mind.

Cranberry Morning said...

I like that, Linda, and of course the photo! So many possibilities with that photo.

Mike said...

No ships were sailing from my house the past few mornings. Thick fog everywhere. I beat the fog by sleeping in.

Rory Bore said...

Love that picture so much. It reminds me of a trip to Peggy's Cove, where I spent quite a bit of day down by the fishing docks and listening to the tales of the fishermen there. There is something so romantic about the idea of being out at sea. Well, some of the stories anyway --- other stories you definitely feel the blush creeping up your face. ha.

Grantham Lynn said...

Beautiful photo and poem. I'm sorry I haven't linked yet. Don't know when your linky stops. But maybe if it's up tomorrow I can get something written. My mind is muddled today. My work is hard most days. I'm praying that I'll get a job offer soon that I've applied for. Say a prayer for me. Please.
XXOO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...