Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday at Wurstfest

In keeping with the Friday Fives..I have some entries to share with you today. Joining in with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Five on Friday. Thanks for hosting, ladies.

1. The community of New Braunfels celebrates each year for two weekends and they call it Wurstfest. The town was originated by German families relocating to Texas, and the festival is all about the German heritage. However, one of the challenges each year is to find the craziest hat you can find to wear to the festival. All of these lovely people posed for me graciously.

We noshed on porkchops on a stick, potato pancakes and German chocolate cakes, while we enjoyed the Oompah band.
video

2. My daughter found this picture on Facebook, so she sent me the picture with her baby picture in the corner. She had such huge blue eyes, and still does, but the similarity to the other photo is too cute.

3. Here's a chuckle for you:

4. Imagine being a hunter in Colorado or other places north and coming home to find this in your driveway!

5. And here's one for all you "crafty" ladies out there with small children or grandchildren. Pretty clever.

That's it for my Friday post. Having fun with my friends in person and on Facebook. Have a fabulous weekend. Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving.

Linda Kay

18 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That's kind of fun. I get the nap thing although I pretty much leave the partying to others. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the festival looks like a fun time. I love the baby photos, so cute. I can just imagine having that male elk in my driveway, wow! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Particularly fun post.

I resemble the party meme

Janie Junebug said...

I love the hats. A couple of years ago, my appointment with the dentist was on Halloween. He was wearing a chicken hat. It was hilarious.

Love,
Janie

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

What a fun post! I had to really laugh at #3! I can actually identify!

Gosia k said...

German festival seems to me interestingf and I think it is connected with eating

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I really enjoyed your post today. Great baby selfie!

Mike said...

The safest place during hunting season for the hunted is next to a residential building. No shooting allowed within 200 feet of a residence.

Revrunner said...

:-) Reminded me of the buck that greeted me as I left for work one day this past week.

The Yum List said...

Lots of fun in this post today. Wow, what a magnificent creature... and great ideas for the little ones.

Rebecca said...

Did you see Alex Meixner at the festival? He is amazing. My husband thinks I am a Meixner groupie since I try to see him whenever he is in our area.

Grantham Lynn said...

Great list. I wanna go to WurstFest! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Beautiful creature there in front of the garage.
Lovely collection of photos..

Lea said...

The festival sounds like lots of fun, and I love the Party Til Dark cartoon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Now that is one way to keep a baby safe for a moment or three:)

Lin Floyd said...

all the german dishes sound yummy
1

William Kendall said...

That buck looks a bit annoyed!

TexWisGirl said...

i want kraut and sausage, now. :)

love the elk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...