Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giving Thanks

Here's a chance to practice writing skills, my faithful readers, by joining me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise. When your blog us ready, link up for others to read. Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #45!



It's Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. 

The turkey is roasting
Stuffed with dressing
Basted every hour
To keep the skin moist.

Corn casserole baking
And pies in the making
Potatoes and yams
To finish the feast.

It is a time to give thanks
For the bounty of food
While many are hungry
Even in our home towns.

Do a good deed
To show your gratitude
For all that you have
While others have none.

Now it's your turn. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day, and while you offer thanks for our meal, be sure to pray for world peace and the safety of our troops who are not home for the Holidays.

Linda Kay

20 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Enjoy your day! We're praying and giving thanks. Hugs, Diane

Grantham Lynn said...

Even though I really didn't practise any writing skills I think I did accomplish getting past writers block. Does that count?
I was inspired today. Don't know if anyone will actually read or care.
But I shared my heart and my passion and I linked.
I hope you enjoy it. Sorry it's not a Thanksgiving post. Maybe later I'll write another!
Have a great day! Happy Thanksgiving

Marie C said...

A perfect Thanksgiving poem, Linda Kay! Loved it and the reminder to do for others especially when its the holidays!

Michelle F said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm featuring a giveaway on my blog.


xoxo

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you for hanging with my blog while I'm sick, (smile).

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda Kay!

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful post Linda Kay, love your poem. I promise to participate again when I feel I can put my old brain box to good use :) Happy Thanksgiving!

fishducky said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family, Linda Kay!!

William Kendall said...

Nicely done! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Yum List said...

It's a great time to remember how fortunate we really are.

Gail said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

The candles were fun. I love spending time doing a variety of things.

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. I am hoping to link up some holiday stories or poems in the coming weeks. Thank you for sharing.

Mike said...

Have a great Thanksgiving.
And I think you've doomed St. Louis to a blizzard on the 18th.

Linda said...

Very nice, Linda! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

Cherdo said...

Linda, I hope you and your family have a wonderful, blessed, safe Thanksgiving! Thank you for your friendship!

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day up there...
No, we don't have it down this end of the world..

HOOTIN ANNI said...

You managed to put every thought down for us all. We should give thanks for our bountiful lives and remember to GIVE to others. Well done L K!!!!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from Seattle!

Tom said...

I hope that you had a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...