Friday, November 6, 2015

Lasagna for Dinner

My first dinner party in my new home! The table is set up for eight using a blue and yellow theme.

It was fun for me to use some cute little plates I found in a shop in Boerne. They look like china but are actually like the Melamine dishes used back in the 70s. 

If you are interested, I found the manufacturer, One Hundred Eighty Degrees, on Amazon under the kitchen supplies. The company is a gift wholesaler, but a list of the stores that carry it might be available. You can't access the company website without a tax ID#. The dishes come in a huge variety of designs, and the store in Boerne carries several of them.

For dinner, I found a new recipe in the grocery ad, of all places, for a wonderful lasagna. It was a huge hit, so here is the recipe.

Luscious Rosa Lasagna, serve 8, Prep Time 10 minutes, Cook time, 70 minutes.

Ingredients:
2 containers (15 oz ea.) ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs
1 jar Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce
1 jar Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
12 uncooked lasagna noodles

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375. Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and eggs in large bowl; set aside.
  • Combine Sauces in medium bowl.(with meat, see note below)
  • Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Layer 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, then 1 cup sauce mixture and 1/2 of the ricotta mixture; repeat. Top with remaining 4 noodles, then sauce mixture and remaining 1/4 cup Parm. cheese.
  • Cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes (or more) before serving.
Tip: Try adding 1 lb cooked. crumbled ground beef or Italian sausage or 4 cups of your favorite cooked vegetables evenly divided between each layer.

The lasagna came out of the pan perfectly for serving and there were rave reviews. We served steamed broccoli and an apple fruit salad with the dinner.

For dessert we had a Marie Calendar Turtle Pie and Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur. Yummy and we were all stuffed.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend. We have plans to attend the Wurtzfest in New Braunfels tomorrow with friends.

Linda Kay

29 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those are beautiful place settings! And the lasagna sounds delicious!

Lea said...

Beautiful table setting!
Thanks for the recipe
Have a great week-end!
Lea

Lin Floyd said...

love your plates and recipe-sounds easy. I made stew recently for our 32 degree mornings to warm us up at lunch time....brr!

Nonnie said...

Beautiful table! Love those blue plates and your table covering. The lasagna sounds really good. I love lasagna and usually use the recipe on the box.

Gail said...

That's breaking in your home in style.

I guess the left overs will be gone by the time I get there...

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Linda, what a beautiful table you set! After all the work that went into it, it must be lovely to just be enjoying your lovely new home.

Linda W. said...

Love your dinnerware! Congrats on your first dinner party in your new home.

Rain Trueax said...

Your table setting is beautiful, colorful, fun. The dinner sounds good too. I sure miss pasta as one of the big missing elements when not eating gluten. There are gluten-free pastas but they aren't remotely as good. i can almost taste yours and in imagination is the only safe place for me to taste lasagna right now

Rebecca said...

How inviting. I am loving those plates you found.

Mike said...

Lasagna is always a good choice.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Lasagna was always one of my favorite foods, my mom would make it for me when I came home from college. Looks DELICIOUS!
~

Tom said...

Lasagna, my favorite.

Cherdo said...

Coming from a house full of boys, I actually love Melemine (and Corelle) but those dishes are especially beautiful. They made for a lovely table.

Have a great weekend, Linda!

William Kendall said...

Lasagna's one of those favourite meals of mine!

Gosia k said...

Linda your plates are fantastic

fishducky said...

IT (ALMOST) MAKES ME WANT TO START COOKING AGAIN!!

DeniseinVA said...

I love your dinnerware and you know how much I enjoy seeing recipes. It's been a long time since I made a lasagna but after seeing this I will give it a go. Thanks Linda Kay :)

Revrunner said...

Nice spread Linda Kay. I'll be right over. :-)

The Yum List said...

What a beautiful setting and a fine way to celebrate the move.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty plates! I like sunflower anything they are so cheerful! We don't like ricotta so we make ours without... I do like the oven ready noodles as it cuts out a step! :)

Margaret-whiteangel said...

The plates are very pretty.
We use Melamine plates in the caravan and china dinner sets for home.
Your menu looks good.

Lexa Cain said...

What a fabulous dinner setting and menu!! I'm jealous...I'm one of those horrible people who just microwaves something and eats in front of the TV. It's nice to see how normal people live! :)

Anvilcloud said...

That seems like a pretty easy but pretty good lasagna.

Carola Bartz said...

The plates are beautiful and I like your blue and yellow table set up. I'm a big fan of lasagna. My mother used to make a killer lasagna and of course it was a favorite within our family. When my brother's or my birthdays came up we usually said "lasagna" when my mom asked us what she should cook that day.

Kay said...

Congratulations! Everything looks gorgeous! We attended our annual anniversary dinner while we were in Illinois this past month and lasagna was served. It was totally yummy! I can just imagine what a fabulous dinner party you had.

Amy at love made my home said...

I am sure that it was just the first of what will be many great dinners and occasions! xx

Ida said...

Those plates are so pretty and your meal sounded so delicious. Congrats on your new home.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a delightful table, and the food sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing the recipe and the menu, too. Hope you have a lovely week. xo Karen

reclaimed dining table said...

Lovely table setting. I love the blue and yellow theme. I'm sure you had a great time in your home. Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...