Monday, December 28, 2015

After Christmas Thoughts

It's been a rainy weekend in Fredericksburg, and it's very cold. It was 75 on Saturday, and dipped down to the 30s by this morning. So it's a great time for reflecting on the weekend.

We enjoyed a quiet Christmas Day, sending messages and calling friends and family to wish them a Merry Christmas. We ushered at the church on Christmas Eve, and chairs were brought in to accommodate the huge crowd of people....640 in total....at the 5 PM service. We handed out bulletins and electric candles for the candle lighting service. So beautiful, but I forgot to bring in my camera for a picture. There was an additional service at 8 PM, one at 11 PM, and again on Christmas morning at 9.  Obviously we didn't attend every one.

In the afternoon, despite my dislike of action type films, we went to see the Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens. It really was pretty enjoyable, but I was never caught up in the first Star Wars, so don't have that point of reference. How about you?

Saturday was our big day for celebration. Two of my granddaughters, one husband, and one boyfriend all arrived at my daughter's (Angel) in Kerrville Christmas night. We all met up at daughter #1 Heidi's house for a noon meal. Also arriving were friends and family of my son-in-law as well, totaling around 25 people. What a huge crowd! We had decided to cook Italian for dinner and Heidi's sister-in-law makes a killer spaghetti sauce. She brought the sauce and past, I made lasagna, two others brought salads and appetizers and bread, and we had quite a feast. Before we ate, we all joined hands, and each person expressed a prayer of gratitude. Even Carson had his prayer to add. 

Hope your holiday was a happy one. For those of you who have been sharing in my Wednesday Wit and Wisdom, remember this is your last chance to link in this week!

Linda Kay

28 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. I must admit I have also never seen the Starwars movie and I will not watch the new one I think. It is a big hype here too. Have a nice week!
Marianne

eViL pOp TaRt said...

What an awesome Christmas celebration! Even a movie! It sounds like a very satisfying Christmas for all. We spent it in Louisiana - back home - with family and friends.

TexWisGirl said...

your italian food feast sounds wonderful!

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

i was raised on Star Wars so it will be tough to say if any other movie is better than the very 1st ones. by Lucas. my Dad would get out the old records and play them. that soundtrack is the greatest. bring back such great memories. i am not sure i will see it in theater maybe in the comfort of my lazy boy. ha. ha!! ( :

i can't believe how quickly the holidays disappear, i had my in-laws in and it is all over. i do want to take down my decor. it makes me feel a new year is here. i am ready to start fresh.

Lea said...

Lovely to have a large family gathered together for Christmas!
Many blessings in the New Year!
Lea

Tabor said...

So happy for you to be surrounded by friends and family!!

Suvarna Gold said...

Very cool blog! I like it a lot.


here are my links and if you like to follow just follow and leave me your links aswell and I'll
follow back!



New Freebies for your blog

Bloglovin | Instagram @suvarna_gold | LookBook | Facebook |


Style up your Blog |
Advertise your Blog |
Stay Gold

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh yes, it's cold here in Texas -- too cold! Did you get the recipe for the killer spaghetti sauce, by chance?

Far Side of Fifty said...

30 is down right warm...we are below zero again this morning. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! I saw Star Wars long ago but we don't "do" movies in the theater too many germs for my husband, so we will wit until it comes out on Netflix :)

Gail said...

Italian food...one of my favorites!

Never saw any of the Star War movies, then or now.

Gosia k said...

So it was a great time with family and friends. Love from Poland

William Kendall said...

Looks like you've got a spammer lurking about.

It sounds like you had a good holiday.

I did see the new Star Wars film, and really enjoyed it.

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, It sure sounds like you had a fine Christmas Day with the family. Wow, I can't imagine 25 people at Christmas lunch or dinner. What a deal! :-) Congrats on joining the millions who saw Star Wars ... it's on my to do list. Thanks for sharing your blog and your kind comments on mine.

Mike said...

I saw the first three Star Wars. Haven't seen any of the three prequels. So now I've seen what is officially number seven. Luckily I didn't have to stand in a long line.

fishducky said...

I hope your New Year is as happy as your Christmas was!!

Linda W. said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with your family!

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

After Bill & Stella dealt with the torrential rains, they headed into Texas.This was right after the tornado hit near Dallas. He had a delivery there. We are in the middle of a snowy ice storm here in NE IL. Stay safe!

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! xx

The Yum List said...

Seems everyone I know has seen Star Wars except for me. I'm feeling the pressure to go see it ;-)

Grantham Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad.
Our daughter was with me. The Cowboy was sick. So we cancelled cooking till last night. We had a wonderful time. We're blessed.
Wishing you Blessings in the New Year!

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! Us too.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I saw the new Star Wars movie with my grandsons a couple weeks ago they were excited. I enjoyed it, but I missed Darth Vader and was sad about some parts in it.

I hope the new year will be much joy and good health.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Seems to had an enjoyable Christmas.
It's always good when someone makes something we really like, such as that 'killer' sauce.
Not into Star Wars at all.

Janice Adcock said...

Quite a nice weekend. Craving some good Italian food now.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Sounds like a lovely Christmas! Wishing you and your loved ones many blessings in the coming New Year! xo Karen

Jeanne said...

Hello Linda Kay, I too have been neglecting my blog and we had a very busy Christmas season. Lots of parties etc and Star Wars as well. We have followed Star Wars all these years and we loved this movie.

We attended midnight mass with our son and family. We went to their home for Christmas which is 2 1/2 hours away. It was a lovely time.

I enjoyed reading about all of your activities and the big family Italian dinner sounds delish!

Happy New Year to you and yours. 2016 sure came fast. I think it is all about age. Lol.

xo,
Jeanne

orchid Miyako said...

Dearest Linda; Really happy for your wonderful Christmas、Dear friend♪ So eventful and makes me wish to experience♡♡♡
I've heard about the new Star Wars movie got popular, haha it's been a while I've seen movies p:-)

Wishing you will have a wonderful and happy coming Year 2016, Dear friend☆☆☆
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

Anvilcloud said...

Hmmm ... I have been thinking that it might be time for a pasta dish. Hadn't thought of lasagna, but maybe ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...