Monday, December 14, 2015

It's a Parade!

Each year is a special celebration for the Christmas Holiday in Fredericksburg with the Light The Night Christmas Parade. A laser light show preceeds the parade. Luckily this year was warm enough to be out to watch the lights and the parade, so I'm sharing a few pictures and a video of the band. Note that it was hard to not get a glare from the lights as it was very dark and the lights reflected badly in the photos. The backdrop for these pictures is our courthouse decorated for the holidays. We had an amazing attendance.

The small town of Comfort TX is just a bit south of Fredericksburg


Not everyone would put a garbage truck in the parade!


Our local grocery store sponsors the parade, and this cart is their entry.


The reason for the season from our church


A big semi decorated, followed by Santa and Mrs. Claus

And here's the band!

Such fun. Hope you have a fabulous week with Christmas just a little ways away. We are venturing a trip to Illinois in the North, so hope we don't run into ice and snow and plane delays. Our granddaughter's husband, Ty, is graduating from college. The whole family will be there to cheer for him. I'll post pictures.

Linda Kay

24 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a fun parade. I love the lights at night. I am glad the weather cooperated. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Patricia said...

What a gorgeous parade of Christmas cheer. It looks great fun. Enjoy the season, and the trip north. I hope the weather is kind for you!

Margaret-whiteangel said...

The photos came out well. Seems like a good parade.

Lea said...

Fun! Great photos!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and many blessings in the new year!
Lea

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

i have not been to a parade in years. what fun. i love the trash truck, very cool. neat-OO!! ( :

TexWisGirl said...

loved the garbage truck! bet they had fun cleaning it out before decorating. safe travels to you!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

love a parade

fishducky said...

So glad it didn't rain on your parade--loved the pictures!!

Mike said...

A nighttime parade. Interesting.

Linda W. said...

Lighted nighttime parades are so much fun! I enjoyed your photos.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots. I missed our main Christmas parade this year.

Cynthia said...

Such fun with all the lights. My favorite is the garbage truck! It seems in the spirit of Christmas when everyone is included and everything is made beautiful wth sparkly lights.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a wonderful parade!! I hope that you travel safely and have a wonderful time! xx

Gosia k said...

the orchestra plays nice like in Europe

Tom said...

How bright and festive. Typically a Christmas parade would get snowed out up here, but not this year.

The Yum List said...

This reminds me of the small town I grew up in. Even the fire truck would be included in the action.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love a home town parade. We'll go to our neighborhood golf cart parade Wed evening. Have a good trip North! Hugs, Diane

Gail said...

Great parade.

My socks are only worn inside. I wear normal ones when I go anywhere.

Have a blessed week.

Anvilcloud said...

Small town parades are fun. The spirit is there for sure. Looks like you had a good one.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy celebrating the graduation with family and loved ones.

Okay...here goes: "I love a Parade"!!!!

biebkriebels said...

Looks so nice such a light parade.

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

I love the holiday lights of a night-time Christmas parade.

carol l mckenna said...

Linda ~ how festive and beautiful shots!

Wishing you the magic and love of the season,
artmusedog and carol

Michelle F said...

Merry Christmas.

Night parades are so pretty.
When one of our son's was wee little we were in a night parade.
I sat in a chair holding him. I can't remember the theme.
Mary & baby Jesus, perhaps.

I saw Luthern on the float.
I just happened to find a generational book I hadn't yet opened.
There are pictures and bits of stories. There was a story about how Episcopalian was passed down through our family. very interesting :)
I actually refer to myself as non-denominational. When I was little my family was Baptist. As I grew a bit older we became Methodist. Upon leaving home I went back to Baptist, even giving Independent Baptists a try. Now DH and I raised our family Church of God. There are things we like/and don't like about each one. My first marriage was in the Episcopal church. My second marriage was an outside wedding by a Baptist preacher. Mind you, we don't often change churches. This was over a matter of years. Usually because we moved away and wanted to find a church. Well, now that I've rambled on...Merry Christmas xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...