Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Out of Darkness

Here's a chance to practice writing skills, my faithful readers, by joining me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise. When your blog us ready, link up for others to read. Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #47!



Announcing my new book, Out of Darkness to Accepted Love, is published, I thought I'd share an excerpt from the story. You can purchase the book online at Amazon. The book is available, but the download isn't ready as of this writing.

If you have read my first book, Annie's Love, this book is a backstory of the two main characters in the book, Jeff and Carol. In this short excerpt, Carol is waking up from a coma:


Carol struggled against the darkness that enveloped her. I have to wake up! She could hear Lisa’s voice, and she wanted to talk to her. What had happened to her? Was she in the apartment? Like a bad movie, brief memories of a struggle raced through her mind. She felt frightened and alone. Slowly, Carol opened her eyes and saw the machine blinking beside her. Her vision was blurred, but she could make out the white walls around her and the blue picture. Am I in a hospital? She blinked her eyes trying to get past the blur. Finally, she could make out Lisa’s face. Her mouth would not open.

So now it's your turn. Find a picture, write a story, post your blog, and come back here to link in. This is a writing exercise.

Linda Kay

15 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I have no wisdom, and have been called witless more times than I can count. Sigh.

Mascha said...

Wow, you've written real books!
Wish, my English would be better or they will translated in German -
Enjoy the Advent time

Rory Bore said...

Wow - congratulations!!!
And a good suspenseful bit you have shared with us too. Now I am intrigued.

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I don't know how you do it all.

I will be back to link up! HUGS!

McGuffy Ann Morris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McGuffy Ann Morris said...

I am linked! Thank you!

Gosia k said...

Linda I would like to read it

The Yum List said...

Wow Linda! Congrats!

Grantham Lynn said...

I just linked. I loved your sneak peak. I'd be glad to review if your interested!
I forgot about the email. I've had to link for friends I just used mine and it worked.
I don't know how to change it on the profile. I know one of these days I'll get locked out. Hope not anytime soon.
Here's my email: Slegan@yahoo.com
Have a great party.

William Kendall said...

Bravo, Linda!

Mike said...

Best of luck with your new book!

Janie Junebug said...

I adore the cover. I'm happy for you.

Love,
Janie

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Your excerpt is a 'teaser'...now I wanna find out what happened and happens. Guess I'll have to get over to Amazon.

By the way, while opening Google Plus, I spotted your "Blue Christmas" post. That is most beautiful!!!

Lea said...

Congratulations!

Amy at love made my home said...

Congratulations on publishing another book! I do hope that it does really well and is soon on the NY Times best seller list! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...