Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sunset in Texas

Here's a chance to practice writing skills, my faithful readers, by joining me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise. When your blog us ready, link up for others to read. Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #50 and the end of this meme for a while. I'll come up with something different for my Wednesday posts. Hope you have enjoyed the pictures and stories!



As I close out the meme for the time being, It seemed appropriate to post this picture of sunset in Texas. It's interesting to study the cloud formations and the separation in this photo from the apparent darkness on the left and the bright light on the right of the picture. Just thinking back to the Christmas holiday this last weekend, the photo depicts the view of the holidays from different perspectives. 

A good friend lost her mother two days before Christmas. Another friend is observing the holidays for the first time without her husband, who died in June. I've met with some families who are nearly destitute without a place to live or enough to pay the rent and have children to support. Others may have loved ones serving in the military at war. And all over the world people struggle to live in the shadows of terrorism. 

For those of us who can look at the holidays with joy and celebration, how blessed we are. And how much is required of us to offer ourselves to others, whether it be with money, with time, or just a personal touch or a note. Maybe with our help, next year will be better. I offer this quote:

 “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” — Albert Schweitzer
Blessings to each of you as you begin a new year in 2016.
Linda Kay

17 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Linda Kay, that was a beautiful sunset picture. Thanks for sharing.

Cranberry Morning said...

Your sunset photo is just gorgeous, Linda!! I hope your brother's hip replacement goes well. Tell him that if they have him doing band and squat exercises at 2 1/2 weeks, DON'T do it. My prosthesis moved within the first 6 weeks because of all the strenuous exercise I was doing to try to get better. I would have been so much better off (and not needed a revision) if I'd just done the simple slides and easy exercises until 8 or so weeks. In my original PT's zeal to get me up to speed... Anyway, Just a word of warning. A revision is no easy matter. There's always time after he's healed to get going on the vigorous exercise. So, for what it's worth...

Have a wonderful New Year!! - Judy

Gail said...

Your sunset is beautiful.

Happy New Year.

You don't know how badly I needed that quote today. Thank you.

Tom said...

We are all one big human family and need to strengthen and support each, not tear each other apart...Happy New Year.

Lin Floyd said...

good thoughts, we all need to be grateful for our blessings and help others in need.

Mike said...

Looks like the sky is on fire!

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

I love sunsets, especially orange ones!
I am linked today!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Your Wednesday posts are well-named. You truly do share wit and wisdom. And a lovely photo.

William Kendall said...

What a gorgeous sunset.

fishducky said...

The Schweitzer quote is beautiful--& true!!

Gosia k said...

lovely sunset. Have a blessed 2016 . Gosia from Poland

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you have a good 2016. xx

Cherdo said...

Dear Janie Junebug bought me your book for Christmas! I'm waiting for a bit of down time to do a binge read.

Thanks for your wonderful pictures, great posts, and bloggy friendship. Wishing you all the best in 2016 from "the Flipside."

Big Sky Heidi said...

I've enjoyed your blog and pictures so much. Heidi

The Yum List said...

There is something magical about sunset photos. I'm always drawn to them.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Lovely capture and a lovely sunset.
Happy New Year

Katy Mei Kuen WW said...

Happy New Year Linda! Wishing you and all your love ones a joyful healthy New Year! Mei

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...