Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Limerick

Here's a chance to practice writing skills, my faithful readers, by joining me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture on your blog, then write a short story or a poem about the picture as a writing exercise. When your blog us ready, link up for others to read. Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here. This is #46!




As a writing challenge for a limerick, this picture was posted. My limerick follows. Want to give it a try? It's a 1958 Illustration by George Hughes.

My daddy did take us ice skating
To show us the skills of his youth.
Those tricks long forgotten,
He fell hard on his bottom
And went home with one broken tooth.

Now it's your turn. Find a picture, post it to your blog, and then write a story about it. Then come back here an link in with others who like to write.
Linda Kay

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

loved it. :)

eileeninmd said...

Cute limerick! I would be falling too. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

bj said...

How fun...this is so cute. You did good ! :)

Michelle F said...

Linda Kay,

I like it! I have a broken front tooth...it will stay that way :(
The dentist fixed it 3x and all 3x it broke again. Needs a cap..I guess.
However, I have grown used to it.

Thanks for stopping by and your encouraging comments.

xoxo

William Kendall said...

A good one!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love your Limerick Linda Kay! Cute vintage photo, too! I'll have to remember to join in sometime soon! x Karen

Mike said...

I'd be going home with more than one broken tooth.

fishducky said...

Loved your limerick!!

fishducky said...

Your limerick was very funny
And I could write one, too, honey
It takes a delicate touch
But it doesn't pay much
And I'm just into it for the money!!

Grantham Lynn said...

Very cute. Great for the photo. I linked mine. I didn't have time this morning before work.
Hope your day is going great.
XXOO

Amy at love made my home said...

Fantastic! xx

The Yum List said...

Exactly the childhood fun I remember in type of poetry. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! I would be in the same fix! lol Love your limerick. Holiday hugs, Diane

Tanya Breese said...

oh that is cute!

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Try as I may, try as I might, I couldn't write a limerick that sounded quite right! Sorry, my friend. However, you did very well! I loved both the image and your limerick!
I will post next week, as I wasn't sure if you wanted just links that could do the limerick. XO.

Rory Bore said...

I truly laughed out loud on this one!! That was so good!
Awesome.
I have Irish blood, I'd better not try a limmerick. I'm afraid what might come out. LOL

Gail said...

I did it! The alignments kings were not with me and kept me from aligning the limerick properly.

Thanks for the fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...