Monday, January 4, 2016

Thinking and Doing

“If you spend too much time thinking about
a thing you’ll never get it done.”
Bruce Lee

What a great quote to use for the New Year. Resolutions sort of fall in this category of thinking too much about something without any action. Did you spend time thinking about a plan for 2016?

I like to think of the New Year as challenges to address, rather than resolutions. I’ll share a few of these with you.

1. This week I need to get back into the file cabinets in my brain to convert an accounting system in my son-in-law’s office to QuickBooks. Now I have not used QuickBooks extensively for a little over a year. This new accounting software will integrate with the patient software to streamline some antiquated processes. The installation will be on Thursday, at which time I also need to train the current accounting individual on its use. I can’t take too much time thinking about it, but rather relying on my recall as we access the software.

2. On the 17th we are having an open house in our new neighborhood to celebrate the publishing of my new novel, “Out of Darkness to Accepted Love”. I have printed out some postcards and an article will appear in the local newspaper announcing the book and the open house. I have no idea how many will attend. Too much time thinking about that will get me all nervous and jittery. I will plan some snacks and a great punch recipe and determine to have fun.

3. Our garage is becoming more organized as we move things to the new shed. Hubby is going through some boxes of papers and memorabilia to determine the necessity of keeping the contents. He’s a collector, just shy of a hoarder when it comes to papers and magazines. Our car is in the garage now, but not much room to move around. We just need to stop thinking about it and just get it done.

I actually haven’t thought too much about other challenges and resolutions for the year ahead. I like to be spontaneous and go with the flow. Great quote Patricia.


Blessings to all my readers for the upcoming year. 

Linda Kay

24 comments:

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Good luck for the 17th, hope you sell many copies..

eileeninmd said...

Hello, congrat on your new novel. Good luck, I hope you sell lots of copies. I wish you all the best in 2016, happy healthy New Year! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Lea said...

I like the quote, a lot of truth in it!

Anvilcloud said...

All the best with your doings.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Congratulations on your new book, Linda Kay!

Gail said...

Wishing you much success with your open house and your new book.

It takes a little while to ge things in other after a move. You will be there soon.

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

i guess for me i try to make something small or not so huge because i don't wanna fail. i hate when i make these big dreams & then they fall through. i want to be make real things/dreams i can easily follow through with. i want to achieve those goals. ( :

we clean our garage this past weekend, i must say i have no problem throwing out things, it is my hubby who holds on to things. he had to get rid of tons of stuff. thankfully our garbage man did take everything, we didn't have to make a special trip to find some where to throw things away. we did take some to goodwill. so it worked out well. i think it is just time consuming to get it all worked out. but it is funny how the garage echos now. there is more room for our vehicles and it makes you feel not so weighted down any more.

biebkriebels said...

You are as always a busy bee. A Happy. New Year to you?
Marianne

Lin Floyd said...

sounds like lots of productive days ahead...good luck with it all!

Linda W. said...

Good goals for 2016! Congrats on your book being published. A running community I follow has a saying similar to yours: "Don't think, just go."

Hannah said...

Bruce Lee does sound like a doer. Congratulations on publishing your book! Have a nice party. We need to organize our garage too, we are storing stuff for our daughter and need to find space to clear out room to park a car.

TexWisGirl said...

congrats and good luck w/ the open house!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Good luck with that open house and congrats on the new book! My husband has a similar saying to Bruce Lee's: He says "Just do something, even if it's not the very most optimal thing to do."

Mike said...

"Our garage is becoming more organized..."

I misread that as 'Our garbage is becoming more organized...'

I thought I was going to have to come down there and have an OCD intervention.

Amy at love made my home said...

Congratulations on your new book! I hope that the open house and launch goes well!! xx

William Kendall said...

I hope the open house goes well!

Tabor said...

Brave of you to go through the small talk of an open house. I do hope you get the people that you hope and that word of mouth stimulates sales of your book!!!

The Yum List said...

Great quote. I do find writing down goals or things to do helps in getting them achieved.

Jeanne said...

Good morning Linda Kay, Your post is so me. Too much thinking and not enough action. GUILTY!!! Our family has a saying that is popular with a lot of people JDI, "Just do it" You have inspired me to start taking some positive action. Big smile here.

Your new year plans could be mine except for the computer thing. I am impressed with your knowledge of this kind of organizing such a complex operation. Kudos to you.

We can do this!
xo, Jeanne

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like that quote ...

Good luck for the 17th - hope all goes well.

All the best Jan

Nonnie said...

I like the title of your new book. Congratulations and good luck with the open house.

Patricia said...

I am not much of a collector but I do hang onto stuff I don't need or even care about, then one day I toss it all...and start over. Exciting about the new book. You do get things done! Best of luck with the open house. Thanks for sharing your post with In Other Words.

Denise inVA said...

Great quote and good luck with the book :)

Josie Two Shoes said...

Wow! Congrats on your new book, that is exciting and I hope you have a wonderful turnout for the open house! We have a lot of accumulated clutter to sort through and dispose of as well. I am determined to get it done this year to free up more space.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...