Friday, February 26, 2016

Before the Weekend....Friday!

Friday is always a fun time to look back at the week and find some pictures and stories to share. I'm joining in with Tanya for Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Amy for Five on Friday. Be sure to check out what others have shared at these sites. Thanks to the hostesses!

1. You will remember that I've posted some songs by my nephew Cody (Chicago Farmer). His wife Kymber has now opened an etsy shop selling her jewelry designs from old guitar strings. Here is one she posted on Facebook.

The address of the etsy shop is Twice Upon a String. Check it out. Kymber says she has to work to offer more of these on her site, but I think they are delightful.

2. This video was posted recently, and I wanted to share it with you here. Patrick Swayze and his wife Lisa Niemi dancing at the WMA to Whitney Houston. A great moment. Note that if doesn't open immediately, just click on the bottom of the video. 



3. My granddaughter is going to Italy this summer! Kenze sent me a text that said "Guess what, Gram?" "What?" "I'm going to Italy this summer!" I clicked off the text and called her, of course, and got the whole scoop. She is so excited... she is just 18 and very adventurous.

4. We had to waste a little time in Boerne before picking up our grandson, Carson, so walked around the little park downtown. Here is a plaque about the bandstand and German music heritage, and a park bench bearing the likeness of Wild Bill Hickock.



5. The workbench in the shed is complete. Hubby finished building it, and I stained and varnished it. I'm sure it will not look like this in the near future.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends. We have a busy one with a dinner on Saturday night and friends here for the night, then a movie and a wine event in the afternoon on Sunday. Whew!

Linda Kay

24 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Nice jewelry! And if you ever needed to hang out with Wild Bill, you have a chance. Nice workbench and staining.

Lea said...

Your week-end may be busy, but it sounds like lots of fun!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the jewelry piece is pretty. Congrats to your granddaughter, a trip to Italy is awesome. Have a great weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

The piece of jewelry does look great.
I can understand your grand-daughter is excited about her trip, lovely to look forward to and plan for.

Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Gosia k said...

it sounds interesting jewelery from guitar strings. I am going this year to Italy - Sicily too. lovely country

Grantham Lynn said...

Busy week. I laughed you read the text and called. I'm the same way. I wish our kids and grand kids 'talked' more. I enjoyed the video and your post. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

Gail said...

This has been a wonderfully exciting and fun week.

Karen S. said...

I know good old Bill! (Well, his stories anyway!) great week you've had and hubby is a great woodworker!

mamasmercantile said...

Exciting times for your Grand daughter such a lovely Country to visit. Sounds like a great weekend, have fun.

William Kendall said...

Wild Bill shouldn't be messed with!

Mike said...

Nice looking 'new' workbench. You're right, it won't look that way for long.

Lori said...

What lovely Fives! The jewelry is very pretty and so unique. I'd never seen that video and it's just beautiful. And how wonderful your granddaughter gets to go to Italy. My daughters are very adventurous too and I always tell them to go for it now, while they are young.

Lin Floyd said...

where did the week go....fast! My grand daughters twins will be 18 this summer and for graduation they are going to Italy!

Cranberry Morning said...

I hope Kenze has as much fun planning a trip as I do. This will be an amazing experience for her. I just read Lin's comment. My daughter and granddaughter also plan to go to Italy this summer. Sounds like it's going to be crowded over there. ;-)

September Violets said...

That's a beautiful piece of jewelry! Enjoyed watching the dancing :) Your granddaughter is very lucky to be going on such an adventure. How nice that she called to share her exciting news with her Gram. The workbench looks great! My husband has been dithering about building himself a new workbench this winter too ... hasn't happened yet!
Wendy

Marie C said...

What a truly wonderful post! Great news about your grand-daughter's trip! Beautiful sculpture! And I loved the Patrick Swayze video! Shared it on my facebook! I am so behind with you and about everyone else...sorry! Maybe I will catch up one of these days! Everyone on blogger that I share with is important. It is a sad reminder when we lose one of us. Such terrible news about Tina at EG CameraGirl!

Marie C said...

PS lovely jewelry! Hope your daughter does well on etsy. I too recently opened an etsy shop...don't have much on there yet. It's called goldenjoys. Trying to sell some things I already have (to help with the move) plus plan on some other different type things in the coming weeks.

TexWisGirl said...

very cool jewelry!

Margaret-whiteangel said...

I have seen that video of Patrick and his wife before, they are beautiful together.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Wow - that park bench is amazing!
Liz

Denise inVA said...

A great Friday Five. Exciting about Kenze's trip to Italy, still on my bucket list for one day. Pretty pendant, great video of Patrick and his wife, lovely bench And work bench your hubby made. Enjoy your weekend with your friends.

Stephanie Robinson said...

Both the jewellery and the desk are stunning - hope you've had a fab weekend.

Patsy in Nixa, MO said...

What a great video. I'd never seen it. Two great talents lost - Patrick and Whitney. I miss them.

Kay said...

I don't think I've ever actually seen Patrick Swayze and his wife dance together. They were really magical together. It's sad to think that he's gone now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...