Friday, March 18, 2016

Grandma adventures

Friday is a day for reflection on the week, so I'm joining in with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Five on Friday today. 

Tomorrow we celebrate my daughter's big birthday in Boerne, TX. Grandson Carson has been spending the week with us for Spring Break. Here a few pics from our adventure at the Pioneer Museum in Fredericksburg:

Carson (right) and friend Camden by a Tepee 

Old schoolhouse where they were teaching German from Fredericksburg Heritage. 

Re-enactment of old times in the West

We had a lot of rain last week, resulting in flooding in some parts of Texas. You can see from this video how it was coming down in torrents.

Have I told you I'm going to be a great grandma? Joking with my granddaughter, I told her I already was a "great" grandma. So I got busy and sent her this little item, along with a cap and a blue or pink tassle to attach when she knows the sex of the baby. When she went to her first doctor's appointment she "face-timed" my daughter who recorded the baby's heartbeat and sent it to me. Amazing technology.

We attended our monthly PCAA meeting and had the privilege of hearing two Fredericksburg artists: September van der Stoel  and Jeryl Hoover singing from Phantom of the Opera.

Such incredible voices. The Fredericksburg Theater Company has a rich history, and the performers include many locals doing fabulous theater. We are so blessed to have some amazing opportunities in a town of barely over 10,000 folks.

And finally, my fun item for a Friday for all my friends who would like to use a few pounds.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend ahead. It's in the 70s and 80s in Texas this weekend with sunshine.

Linda Kay


25 comments:

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post with lovely news too.
So good to be a Grandma and now a Great Grandma soon ...

Couldn't have been easy driving in that rain!

Happy Weekend Wishes

All the best Jan

Anvilcloud said...

Your 'greatness' is now known internationally. :)

TexWisGirl said...

congrats on your expanding family!

mamasmercantile said...

Birthday wishes for your daughter and many congratulations on becoming a Great Grandma, loved the beautiful little jacket. Isn't technology wonderful, what an amazing feat hearing its heartbeat.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

....and to be sure we all know you ARE a "Great" Grandma.

Enjoy the celebration of your daughter's birthday.

Gail said...

What a wonderful week.

Have a wonderful weekend with good celebration and much laughter and love.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

How sweet! Congrats on being a great Grandma. Such a pretty little jacket. Technology has come a long way. Have a fabulous weekend.

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of rain! Have a great weekend with the family.

Mike said...

Nothing like an extended torrential downpour to fill the reservoirs back up.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Linda, looks like a grand place to live! Love the idea of the neutral cap with two tassles -- very clever indeed.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Happy Great-Grandmotherhood-to=be!

Best wishes! Fredericksburg looks like a nice place.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you don't get any more of that horrid rain and can have a wonderful time celebrating. Congratulations on being a great grandma to be! I hope that all will go well with the birth. Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday, hope you have a good weekend and a good Easter! xx

Nonnie said...

Congratulations on getting to be great-grandma. How exciting! Technology is truly amazing! Those rains last week were crazy! I'm so sorry for the people who were flooded. Happy birthday wishes. The tent looks fun. We had dinner in an Indian tent on a ski trip one year. I was surprised at how warm it was in the middle of all that snow.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Happy great grandmotherhood!

Gosia k said...

you are a gifted person

Grantham Lynn said...

Oh what a fun time. And educational! Love it! We took the grandson to the zoo today. Come over and see my wordless pic and add a caption!
I'm planning a Wit And Wisdom story for it in a couple of weeks.
Gotta share part 2 of the donkeys first!
Have a wonderful weekend.
XXOO

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat new look!

Janie Junebug said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! What fun to have a new baby on the way. Technology is amazing--when it works--and I'm glad it did this time.

Love,
Janie

Lin Floyd said...

sounds like fun family times...

Kay said...

Aha! I have metal fillings in my teeth too. That explains a lot.

You're going to be a great grandma? That's too wonderful! It will be a long while yet before we can get there.

eclectichomelife said...

Congrats are in order. Exciting news and I love the fun Friday post. Made me chuckle

Mac n' Janet said...

Congratulations on the new member of your family Great Grandma. I have metal fillings in my teeth too.

Tom said...

wow, that looked like fun

Patsy in Nixa, MO said...

Five on Friday is your time to reflect on the week. When I see your post each week, I reflect on the past, as my best friend all through school from Grades 1-12 was Linda Kay. I have fond memories of her each time I see your name. I moved to CA when I was 21 and she died of cancer in her 40's. The memories remain, however, long after we make our transitions. Since I moved before Skype, emails, and free long distance, we didn't share our adult lives, but childhood memories are special, I find.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...