1. Last Friday I participated in a reading project set up by my friend Sheila Kale. In four locations throughout Fredericksburg, 90+ volunteers read passages from the Bible between 7 AM and 7 PM. This lasted all through Thursday and Friday in which time we read the entire Bible. My assignment was at 9 AM on Friday, Eccl 6 through Isaiah 1, on Cross Mountain. Here is a picture of the cross beside where I was reading.
From the top of this mountain (probably really a large foothill) there is a 360 degree of the area. As you can see it was a beautiful day. The opposite side, facing Fredericksburg, is lighted.
2. On a lighter Easter note, I found this pretty amusing:
3. My tomato plant is producing. So far I've had to cover it twice against the cold, but it is surviving and looking good.
4. As I was cleaning house earlier this week, I ventured into my hubby's office. He has some collections, and I took the time to move them and dust the shelves. Here is the walrus bunch. There are more that don't show in this picture. Note the cameras on the next shelf up.
There are also duck decoys and many toys. You gotta love him! I talked him into this natty hat when we were shopping at Penny's.
5. Amanda was a speaker at a recent conference and did a fabulous job of helping us writers with organizing our thoughts. I am planning to read her latest book this next week. What are you reading?