Friday, April 22, 2016

Llano Fine Arts

If you follow my blog, you will already know I love to wander through art museums. My good friend Barbara from my writer's group is also an artist, and she and some artist friends had a showing in Llano, TX.

In Llano, there is a fabulous BBQ place called Cooper's. They have huge outdoor grills going, and one just has to walk in and find an item that addresses your hungry tummy. This is what hubby chose:
I settled on BBQ Chicken, and let me tell you it was so fabulous, as was the rib eye.

We found the Fine Arts building, right next door to a cute little antique shop:

I'll share a few of the photos I took of some of the exhibits. We had some wine and appetizers as we wandered through all the displays. There were some outstanding pieces of art, including my friend Barbara's:  Doesn't this look French?

Pretty roses on a picket fence


For my cat loving friends out there.


And this pretty and friendly kitty was on the sidewalk near our car. I finally got her to pose for me.

And finally, on our drive home, I couldn't resist taking just one more picture of the beautiful wildflowers along the Texas roads. These are indian paintbrush and indian blanket flowers. There are a few bluebonnets mixed in, but the orange is really beautiful.

Have a good weekend!
Linda Kay

19 comments:

Patricia said...

Yes, looks like a very French picture, red beret and all. And I like the red roses, which looks like fabric art. Quite a variety, and fun to see it all.

Tom said...

so many BBQs and so little time!

Lea said...


Sounds like you had a really good day!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Lea

Anvilcloud said...

I like that first piece of art.
That final flower pic didn't post for me.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Ah, beer and BBQ

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Sounds like a great time! That icture does look French!

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Nice collection of photos. Yes, she looks French, the beret I reckon.

Lin Floyd said...

sounds like an enjoyable outing, art and texas BBQ-what could be better!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the BBQ sounds awesome. I love BBQ chicken! The exhibit looks wonderful. What a cute kitty! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Mike said...

Yep, French. Makes me hungry.... THE BBQ!

William Kendall said...

The kitties, both real and art, are my favourite!

Gosia k said...

I love your cats

Linda W. said...

Artwork, BBQ and wildflowers - sounds like a perfect day!

Cherdo said...

I'd love to wander the art museums with you and my guys could wander through the BBQ...if we'd ever be able to get them back afterwards..

Carola Bartz said...

It sounds like a lovely day. I love to combine beautiful art and good food the way you did. Unfortunately the last image didn't post for me, I would have loved to see the wildflowers. This is the best time for wildflowers. Here in California they are spectacular this spring after we had lots of rain in the winter.

Lowcarb team member said...

Isn't it great to enjoy days like this ...
Yes, that picture does look French, and I like the others you've shown too.

Happy weekend wishes

All the best Jan

Amy at love made my home said...

What a great time! Hope you had a good weekend! xx

Gail said...

This would be a day I would love!

Michele Truhlik said...

Aren't the wildflowers in Central Texas beautiful? I love the blue bonnets and the Indian Paintbrush together. I'm familiar with Llano. What a great little place. (I live in Austin).
Thanks for taking us on your excursion. Love the kitty by your car. How pretty is she?!

Michele at Angels Bark

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...