Friday, May 13, 2016

Crochet, Plant, Sunset

Oh, for a title on this Friday post. So it's a little of this, a little of than for Five on Friday and Willy Nilly Friday 5. Thanks for hosting ladies!



This Red Crepe Myrtle tree needs to go 



in this hole. The problem is the rocks and clay dirt! Hubby is digging and digging, breaking up rocks as he goes and avoiding the water line there on the edge of the hole. In our neck of the woods, digging down a few inches runs into rocks that have to be busted up and removed to get to soil that will allow a plant of any kind to grow. But they do, so I'll share a picture when the tree finally gets into the ground.

Before and after:


There are really two trees in line, the front is a desert willow, and behind the shed is a Chinese Pistache, the grass is green and looking healthy, and trellises line the fence. I can't even begin to tell you what all the new plants are, except for the Carolina Jasmine, White star jasmine and honeysuckle on the first trellis. Our yard is coming along!



I think I've mentioned my project to make layettes for Lutheran World Relief. So just finished this blanket and jacket and cap. Those of you crocheters out there might enjoy the little squares. 



I don't know what causes it, but there is nothing that quite compares to sunsets in Texas. I guess it could be the atmosphere in general, but isn't this just stunning? The pink clouds reached all the way across from west to east, reflecting the sun.



Thought I'd share this with all my friends born in the 40s. 

Have a very special weekend! We aren't even going to acknowledge the date today.

Linda Kay

24 comments:

Mike said...

True about the 40's!

And now I know why hubby was OK with moving. He ran out of projects at the old house.

Tom said...

right on sister about the '40s

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Gostei de ver estas fotografias e gostei do blog.
Um abra├žo e bom fim de semana.
http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

rebecca haegele said...

Someday I hope to see a Texas sunset!

Lea said...


That is a beautiful sunset!
I like the rocks you are using along the edge of the flower bed.
Beautiful crochet!
Have a great week-end!
Lea

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The sunset is terrific! Have ab awesome weekend, Linda Kay!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

We Texans know everything is better between the Rio Grande and the Sabine. (Though Florida ain't half-bad either)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your new trees and vines are pretty. The sunset shot is gorgeous. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Gail said...

Things are looking great.

Thanks for helping.

Have a blessed weekend.

Kailani said...

Nice! Crepe myrtles are beautiful, but they give me hay fever, so sadly I can't have any. Nice work, though!

William Kendall said...

That sunset is amazing!

Lin Floyd said...

funny my hubby was just commenting about us both being born in the 1940s and all the decades we've seen and changes!

Inger said...

I was born in 1940, so I love that quote. Love the crochet you made, I'm not that advanced yet, but I go to crochet group this afternoon and I love it. So relaxing.

Gosia k said...

i love your garden and sunset

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

I love your projects. Beautiful and sweet. Hugs.

The Furry Gnome said...

You're right, I've lived in parts of eight decades! You're making me feel old.

Anvilcloud said...

We are also close to bedrock. I know there's a part of the Canadian Shield that kind of uplifts in Texas, so maybe ...

Actually, I don't know that, but I have hear it.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

I'm sure the trees will look lovely - look forward to seeing the photos when planted.
Your crochet is lovely. I crochet too.

Kay said...

Wow! So true about being born in the 40s. Love your garden! It's going to be even more beautiful when it blooms.

Grantham Lynn said...

Fun post. Your crochet is very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Sunday.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well Plant, Crochet, Sunset ... or Crochet, Plant, Sunset ... just fitted your photo's perfectly!

All the best Jan

Wandering Wren said...

Your yard is totally coming along, it seems hard work but very rewarding, especially when at the end of the day you can sit back with a well-justified sundowner enjoying the sunset! You have been working hard on your crocheting as well -I'm sure this beautiful work will be well appreciated.
Have a great week.
Wren x

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Your layette turned out very pretty..I love the sunny yellow! Love your sunset, too...we sometimes get those gorgeous ones here too...I'm right on the Texas line!

Polar Bear said...

Beautiful sunset, I like your garden, your crochet. Mei

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...