Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Reflections

I've finally laid out some plans for my new book, so am feeling energetic about it. I may have to take some time away from the blog to be able to think creatively, but I'll let you know. 

Last week I showed you the changes from the West side of our yard from when we first finished the planting beds. So today, I'll share the East side. Many of the plants are still very small, so not so identifiable, but I'm sure that is going to change in the upcoming months.



Before (Notice the fence isn't finished because of the bobcat, etc., and the tree is also not in place as yet.


On the trellis - Carolina Jasmine, White Star Jasmine, and a Reisling grape vine.
There are a number of plants in here, including Pride of Barbados, lantana, plumbago, daisies, purple spire, and some I don't know. Note the Red Crepe Myrtle from last week stands at the end of the rocks to the right.

Mother's day was great, as I received two bunches of flowers, one wild flowers and the other from HEB.


Anyone familiar with this kind of spinach. I planted it from a seed packet, supposed to be some sort of climbing spinach. Interesting to watch it grow, you think?

On Sunday we had the privilege of attending a musical presentation by Emile Pandolfi on the grand piano at a local church. He kind of reminded me of Victor Borge, as he inserted some funny thoughts and jokes in between songs. But he wasn't quite as crazy as Borge. Very beautiful way to spend a couple of hours. I have never seen hands move so quickly.


Go to YouTube to select more of his performances. So wonderful.
And in case you don't remember, here is Victor Borge. There are lots of very funny videos on YouTube of Victor. He used to make me laugh till I cried.



Have a special weekend, my friends.

Linda Kay

18 comments:

Tom said...

Ebb Tide is such a wonderful song, Victor Borge always cracks me up!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

He plays nicely, a real treat! Your east side is looking really good! Have a nice weekend, Linda Kay!

Tabor said...

That bed is emerging into a real treat. Never heard of that spinach.

Lin Floyd said...

your yard is looking good, it's fun to watch plants and trees grow...

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Anything having to do with a piano always gets my full attention! Not to many enjoy the antics [I should say enjoyed] of Borge, but he was a musical masterpiece when he actually sat down and played. I bet this WAS fun and enjoyable.

As for your landscaping. A chore, but oh so worth it when it all comes around and blooms, grows to maturity.

Good luck on your creative work ahead.

Gail said...

Take all the time you need. We will be here.

Saucy Kodz said...

He always makes me laugh and I love Ebb Tide. I see you and I are doing stone fences this week. I just tore my garden fence apart and rebuilt it, as it has stayed solid for 10 yrs, and I wanted to improve it a bit. I like your white stones. Have a wonderful day.

Gosia k said...

Your yard looks interesting have a great weekend and think creativelt about your book hugs from poland

Gosia k said...

Your yard looks interesting have a great weekend and think creativelt about your book hugs from poland

Karen S. said...

Best of luck on your book! Lovely photos too.

William Kendall said...

The book and the garden will both keep you busy.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, good luck on your book, sounds awesome. Your garden is pretty. You have a lovely place there. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Mike said...

Climbing spinach has to be really strong. :)

Cherdo said...

Just got a contract on a house and there's tons of knockout roses in the back - then there's all these other plants that, by and large, I can't identify. I might have to send you a picture, ha ha.

Your garden progress is awesome, Linda!

Nonnie said...

I'm assuming the climbing spinach is edible? Your flower bed is very neat and I like all those flowers. We planted some star jasmine too. Love to watch and listen to a gifted pianist. Will look forward to hearing more about your book.

Margaret-whiteangel said...

Garden is coming along nicely.
Victor Borg, well he was just a screamer.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your garden is coming along nicely ... interesting to see more of your spinach as it grows.

What lovely colours in your flowers, I like the purple and red together,

Have a lovely weekend

All the best Jan

Michelle F said...

Hi, Linda Kay!

So good to hear from you.
I am sorry I haven't been by.
I have gotten more into reading and reviewing.
I miss my friends, and think of you all often!
I am behind in my reviews, trying to catch up.
There are so many good books out there.
Only thing, when I read I fall asleep, so I read in bits. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...