Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Lizard

Welcome back to Wednesday Wit and Wisdom. You will find all about this meme and the instructions hereThe purpose of this link up is to help us share some stories we might have milling about in our minds as we look at particular photos.  Many of us have mentioned that we could "write a story" about a photo of a barn, an old store, or an abandoned residence we have found or shown to others. I thought it would be fun to find a photo and write a short story.  You can add a bit of "wit" or "wisdom" if you like. Give it a try and join in!

Here's my picture for today...

I'm a Texas spiny lizard, or so I'm told. My name is Amanda. At the moment, I'm exhausted from all this digging. The people who live in the big house behind me have put out some cactus and this wonderful red granite. Right now, the lady is doing something with a little box, and I'll try to stay very still until she goes away. 

I've been working at digging this hole so I can lay my eggs in an area where the sun won't be as hot for my babies. When I'm finished, I'll cover it all up, and no one will know the difference. Since the dirt will be soft, they will be able to find their way out when they are hatched.

Since the humans have lots of plants, there are plenty of insects for me to eat. I can run pretty fast if anything comes around me, like the little black and white animal living in the house. It can't catch me. There are also some trees to climb in case of an emergency. The trees are a cool refuge for me from the hot sun. 

Now it's your turn. Got a picture for a story or a poem. Join in and post it on your blog, then come back here to share with others. By the way, today is my Grandson Carson's birthday! 9 years old....how did that happen?

Linda Kay

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cute lizard and story. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's nice to have your own spiny lizard for your garden.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday Carson! I love May...we have lots of family birthdays this month too. Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs, Diane

William Kendall said...

Quite a critter to have around!

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

I love this! How adorable. I will try to get back later and link up!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I have Salamanders in Blue-green colors. They are so cute, until I have to catch one that gets in the house. The little ones can crawl under the storm door!

Cute story!

Gail said...

I read your post earlier today. Decided to join in this week and then forgot to comment!

Enjoyed your post and look forward to seeing the babies.

Theresa said...

Eww, lizards! We don't have any here that I know of (except for pets). When I was visiting Florida I saw a baby one that got into the house though. I prefer them at a far distance ;) Happy Birthday to your grandson :)

Gosia k said...

I am aFRAID OF LIZARDS

Mike said...

Those little guys are quick.

Lowcarb team member said...

... the years go so quickly!
Happy Birthday Carson.

Nice post, thank you

All the best Jan

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

A cute little fella moving in there!

Rory Bore said...

Aw, love hearing tiny lizards thoughts! And it does show how much we can do to provide shelter and basic things for the wee (and big) critters that share our space.

Lea said...


Lizards are such interesting creatures!

Amy at love made my home said...

A great story!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...