Sunday, June 19, 2016

An Update


Happy Father's Day to all the dads and stepdads and dad-type fellas! It's been a while since I checked in with y'all. You remember my last post concerning my absence, and I want to thank you all for the messages and prayers for our proposed adventure into a mission for my church. 

Last Sunday we had a full hour of presentation to our Church Council on more information on the reconstruction of the house and the plans for the sober-living facility, after which we did a walking tour of the house. We are asking for funds to do the asbestos inspection and to have the site plan drawn up to secure actual bids rather than estimates on the work to be done. These estimates are required to approach the zoning commission and the historical committee for the city. The Council meets on Monday night to take action on our request. Keep our project in mind, my friends. We are forging ahead with baby steps.

I'll be back soon with an update!

Linda Kay

19 comments:

Gosia k said...

Linda you have done a lot of work. good luck

Lea said...

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in your life.
God bless you and your church!

Tom said...

I pray for the success of your wonderful project.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Linda Kay, I'm pulling for your project being successful! It sounds like a great, well-needed project!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Sounds like you HAVE to keep busy and on top of all things considered. And, that we can understand. Time and effort and prayer will only come to a happy ending....of that, I'm sure.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you are keeping busy there. I hope all goes well for the project. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

Lin Floyd said...

a worthy and much needed project-good luck!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, certainly Happy Fathers Day to all...

I do hope all goes well with the Councils meeting on Monday, good luck with your project ... sending positive thoughts your way.

All the best Jan

Mike said...

There's nothing like an asbestos inspection to make your wallet pucker. Good luck with it.

Janie Junebug said...

Sober living--excellent. I know someone who is living sober for the first time in many years. It's quite an accomplishment.

Love,
Janie

Grantham Lynn said...

Thanks for posting. Praying for your ministry. I love the update.
Keep us posted. Prayers for your funding. I know it's hard.
But God will provide. And you'll feel like your along for the ride.

Marie C said...

Wonderful project to be part of! How exciting! Oh, you sold your old house in a week...that's awesome! I think it took Mom almost two years to sell hers. But it's all about finding the right house at the right moment, for the buyer, that' for sure. We have thought about building, but don't feel like we have the time. Need to get to Oregon and get settled.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope your mission is successful! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

William Kendall said...

Good luck!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful! Best of luck with the zoning - Hope your Father's Day was nice. xo Karen

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that all keeps going well!

Michelle F said...

Sounds like you have a great project going at your church.

xoxo

orchid Miyako said...

Dearest Linda; Oh, you have big responsibility for the church project. Good Luck and hoping things will go well, Dear friend.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

Beth “E. Lizard Breath Speaks” Edwards said...

i have missed your visits and i had to come over and see what was happening with ya. hope you are well. take care & enjoy this summer. big big hugs!! ( :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...