Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fence Day in New Mexico

For two years I've been watching for unusual fences, and I have a number to share with you from our last trip. So I'm joining Theresa for Good Fences on this Thursday! I've been away for quite a while.


This first picture is of the fence around the church yard at the church in Chimaya NM, behind it the rock arches and crosses along the creek.


Along this chain link fence, many simple crosses were hung, and it's fun to imagine how long ago and who might have hung them there.


This is a fence along some property in New Mexico, and it really looks a lot like fences in Texas. I can't remember the name of the plant behind the fence.

Have a special Thursday and a great weekend, my friends.

Linda Kay

12 comments:

Tom said...

There sure are many types!

Gosia k said...

fence around the church is interesting

Lin Floyd said...

love old fences, is the plant sagebrush?

Grantham Lynn said...

Such cool fences. I love New Mexico. Went there a few times as a teenager on mission trips. Then traveled through going to Colorado.
You've taken some great shots. I love both of them.
Nice to see you around. I haven't been around much because my blog was messed up and I couldn't get any comments. Spending most of my time trying to fix. To no avail. So now I am over here:
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/
I'm still at My Journey Back for awhile though but mostly at the new spot! Come over and see me!
Praying for you and your ministry!

William Kendall said...

The crosses are an interesting touch.

Catsngrams said...

I love New Mexico! The fences are so interesting! Have you been inside the church in Chimayo? It is beautiful!

fishducky said...

Beautiful photos!!

Janie Junebug said...

It's nice to see my favorite Lutheran Lady. The most interesting fences I've seen are those that remain at Gettysburg that were built on the battlefield by soldiers. It shocks me that they're still standing.

Love,
Janie

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those fences were moving! And I second the idea - the Sanctuario in Chimayo is beautiful! It's a shrine for a pilgrimage each Easter.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful fences, Linda! Love the crosses strung all over the wire one :) My parents built a house near Taos, N.M. - a beautiful state so full of history. x Karen

Lowcarb team member said...

Some different looking fences you've shared here.
Thank you

All the best Jan

Patricia said...

So much fun to see the fence at Chemayo - I have photos of the arches too, which represent the Stations of the Cross. But I don't remember seeing all the little crosses put on the fence. It is an interesting place to visit, and part of my great memories of New Mexico. Great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...