Friday, July 29, 2016

Oregon Lighthouse #1

Our summer trip this year, as you may already know, was traveling down the Oregon Coast from Seattle. We drove to Portland, then over to Highway 1. Our first hotel stay was in Newport, OR where we had a lovely view of the ocean:


We had a wonderful dinner here along the coast looking out at the ocean.


This first lighthouse is of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse, the story below.


If you have followed my blog over time, you know how much we love the lighthouses. We have some of Jerry's pictures up all over the house. 

Have a wonderful weekend. We are off on another adventure, but will be back in about 10 days. Have to attend the baby shower for my oldest granddaughter in Illinois!

Linda Kay

19 comments:

Tom said...

Oh, I know that you are the lighthouse queen!

Anvilcloud said...

You guys must set the road record. Good for you.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A nice lighthouse!

Lea said...

Very pretty!
All the best to mother and baby!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, The Oregon coastline is beautiful. I love the lighthouse. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love lighthouses too and enjoyed reading about it. Have a wonderful trip! Hugs, Diane

Betsy Adams said...

That is definitely a trip that I want to take sometime. I have heard howl beautiful that area of the country is.... Sounds like you had a wonderful trip...

I love Lighthouses also --but our home is filled with pictures of waterfalls and not lighthouses. ha....

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I wish I were with you :(

Lin Floyd said...

how fun, one of my favorite places-OREGON COAST!

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful lighthouse!

Mike said...

Interesting story about the lighthouse.

Lowcarb team member said...

I've always liked light-houses.

Have a brilliant trip

All the best Jan

Gosia k said...

lighthouse looks impressive

Janie Junebug said...

I love lighthouses. Your photos are beautiful.

Love,
Janie

Mariette said...

You post the most interesting scenes!

Michelle F said...

Stopping by to say Hello.
Sounds like you're having a great summer!!

Kailani said...

Linda, nice to find your blog again! And I love lighthouses too. :)

Wandering Wren said...

Have a great trip - I wonder if you'll see some more lighthouses?!
Wren x

Linda W. said...

I didn't realize you had been in Oregon. Too bad we could've met up! Hope you enjoyed your vacation in our wonderful state.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...