Friday, September 2, 2016

Animals at the Fair

It's fun to tour the fairgrounds for the County Fair and see all the animals and displays. On Monday, I'll have the parade for you, but for now, here are a few of the fun times.



For all you "crafty" ladies out there.


Learning to show his sheep, with a little coaching from Dad. So cute!


Believe it or not, this is a chicken!


To show the mama, you have to bring along her calf!


Various ages of Charolais Bulls - Beautiful animals.

And speaking of animals.....

Hope you are having a special week! And to all my American friends,Happy Labor Day. Image result for emoticons patriotic

Linda Kay

15 comments:

Gosia k said...

Happy labour in Europe we celebrate on 1st may

Tom said...

The fair is a special time of year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh I love seeing the crafts at the fair! What cute dolls and little clothes. And that's a chicken? Oh my...it's WILD! Hugs!

Mike said...

I'm not sure I'd be sticking my hand in that cage to collect any eggs from THAT chicken.

Nonnie said...

Your fair looks fun. You are so blessed to live in such a charming part of Texas.

Janie Junebug said...

It's a good thing you told us that creature is a chicken. I would have asked because she doesn't look one bit like a chicken.

Love,
Janie

William Kendall said...

That's a strange looking chicken!

Grantham Lynn said...

Fun times. I have to show my DIL the chicken! Did you see my Wordless Wednesday post w/o a caption. My Grand Daughter was super excited that she had put the chickens away all by herself! I plan to tell the story in another post. You got a sneak peek!
This was a fun post. Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend and Labor Day.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like fun! We were at the local fair on the weekend too.

The Yum List said...

Happy Labour Day!

Cherdo said...

I love fairs!

We used to show animals (Nigerian Dwarf goats, chickens). In fact, the chick looks like one of ours: Patti LaBelle! Her mate was Billy Idol.

The top picture reminds me of my grandmother and her constant flow of crochet projects.

Hope you are well, Linda!

Lea said...

The little boy with his lamb - so cute!

Revrunner said...

Once lived next to a farm that raised Charolais.

Denise inVA said...

Enjoyed the photos and that chicken has quite a hairdo.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great to see all of your photo's ... as Denise said 'that chicken has quite a hairdo'

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...